Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Sprinkle topping over cake. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. https://www.createwithclaudia.com/.../blueberry-rhubarb-coffee-cake-recipe Make this RHUBARB COFFEE CAKE Recipe with PICTURES and enjoy a rhubarb cake with a nutty streusel, using fresh or ... sugar (packed) 2 eggs 1 tsp. Pour into a prepared 9 x 13 inch pan. Rhubarb Coffee Cake makes one 9 x 13 inch coffee cake recipe slightly adapted from Bubby’s Brunch Cookbook for the cake: 4 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon kosher salt 2 teaspoons baking soda 3 cups packed dark brown sugar 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature 2 extra-large eggs 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract […] Spoon into well greased bundt pan. Why we love rhubarb coffee cake. Stir in vanilla. Fold in chopped rhubarb. Rhubarb buttermilk coffee cake recipe. Step 4 Sift together flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Baked it according to directions & toothpick came out clean. Stir into creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk,making three additions of dry ingredients and two of buttermilk. Rhubarb Coffee Cake is my favorite coffee cake when rhubarb is in season! Ingredients: 11 (buttermilk.… Amount is based on available nutrient data. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, making 3 additions of flour mixture and 2 of buttermilk. Add flour, buttermilk, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt. Cream brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, and shortening together in a mixing bowl. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Cream together sugars and butter, then add vanilla and egg. https://www.chatelaine.com/recipe/desserts/rhubarb-buttermilk-tea-cake Apr 20, 2017 - Last weekend we took our daughter to the Annapolis Valley to celebrate her second birthday by taking her to her first parade in the town where … It's delicious for breakfast as well as for dessert. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition In another bowl, sift together 2 cups flour, soda, and salt. Visit original page with recipe. I've been making this delicious coffee cake for years from the Alice Bay Cookbook by Julie W. Rosseau. That’s just a fact. Combine remaining 1/2 cup white sugar, pecans, and cinnamon in a bowl. Take advantage of rhubarb's short season, and surprise your family with this moist and tender coffee cake. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I will be making this recipe again! Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Sprinkle the … Fold in chopped rhubarb. This rhubarb-and-streusel-topped sheet cake … Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Spray an 8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until the streusel is a light golden brown in places and a toothpick inserted into the middle … A big pan of rhubarb coffee cake with streusel topping turns cake for breakfast into a beautiful event that you can share with friends and family.. Thought it was old baking powder, so made it again on Fri.-same thing. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Rhubarb buttermilk coffee cake recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Our most trusted Buttermilk Coffee Cake With Rhubarb recipes. Scrape into prepared pan; sprinkle with topping. Sift together flour, salt, soda and add alternately with … Is the recipe correct? Even better the next day! Spread batter in a parchment-lined 9-inch (22.5 cm) square baking pan. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. I made this cake twice and each time it did not rise and was very heavy. Step 4. I did do one thing different. Pour into a greased 9-in. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/strawberry-rhubarb-coffee-cake For Cake:In a large mixing bowl,combine flour,baking soda and salt. The fruit should melt into the cake, which should bubble … Put under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes. Will make again~~one of my Rhubarb favorites now. Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan. salt 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk including 1 tbsp. Beat in egg. Topping was just enough. In a small bowl, combine rhubarb and 1/4 cup sugar. Mix together in a large bowl the flour, salt, l teaspoons cinnamon, ginger, both sugars, and corn oil. —Cindy Ashley, Gregory, Michigan, Rhubarb-Buttermilk Coffee Cake Recipe photo by Taste of Home. vanilla 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 tsp. Add flour, buttermilk, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt. Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven until cake tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean, about 1-1/4 hours. Gently stir the chopped rhubarb into the cake batter. This is a super moist cake with great flavor! Pour mixture into the … Scrape into prepared pan; sprinkle with topping. Get one of our Rhubarb buttermilk coffee cake recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Cream brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, and shortening together in a mixing bowl. Mix well butter, brown sugar, egg, buttermilk, baking soda, flour, vanilla and rhubarb. square baking pan. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Step 3. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/rhubarb-buttermilk-coffee-cake baking powder 1/2 tsp. 339 calories; protein 4g; carbohydrates 53.2g; fat 12.9g; cholesterol 16.3mg; sodium 235.3mg. I made this 2 times and found that I had to bake much longer then 30min, more like 45 min. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Stir in fresh rhubarb. Fold in rhubarb and nuts. The only difference is 1/4 cup less sugar in Marijane's recipe. Preheat oven to 350°. You saved Rhubarb Coffee Cake with Buttermilk to your. I used 2 cups of the finely chopped rhubard and it was perfect. Preheat oven to 350° (325° if you're using a glass pan). I generally add more rhubarb … Any suggestions? Fold in rhubarb. My ideal coffee cake combines a buttery yellow cake with chunks of meltingly tender fruit and plenty of salty, crisp streusel in every bite. Watch how to make this rhubarb coffee cake: Not sure I want to try it again & bake it alot longer or what. Place rhubarb in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar. Cake for breakfast is a thing that needs to happen once in a while. Evenly crumble the streusel over the batter. There's a nice balance of tart and sweet in each bite. Back to Rhubarb Coffee Cake with Buttermilk. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. baking soda 1 tsp. In a separate bowl, mix together the ingredients for the brown sugar topping: brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Take advantage of rhubarb's short season, and surprise your family with this moist and tender coffee cake. Sprinkle over topping consisting of … Buttermilk Rhubarb Cake (41) 40 minutes. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Info. You can use apples instead of rhubarb if you wish. One of my favorite rhubarb recipes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Congrats! This cake ... Just as good the next day cold with coffee! Sprinkle on top of batter. Bake at 325°F for... and spread on cake. I has been a hit at my house, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream really hits the spot! Low-Fat Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven until cake tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean This pink-hued cake is filled with rhubarb, which is in season during the spring and early summer. DIRECTIONS. It is a very moist coffee cake. Fold in rhubarb mixture. Rhubarb Buttermilk Coffee Cake Recipe - Reluctant Entertainer 35 reviews. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Fold in rhubarb. —Cindy Ashley, Gregory, Michigan. LOTS of Rhubarb Cake Recipes to make with fresh or frozen rhubarb, including the best homemade rhubarb coffee cakes, cheesecakes, crumble cake, upside down cakes and more! *If using frozen rhubarb, toss the rhubarb in 1 Tbsp of the flour mixture, adding the remainder of the flour mixture to the batter. Beat in egg. Pour/press the batter into a 9×9 baking pan. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. We loved It---great for Easter Brunch--I had no problem with it rising. Learn how to cook great Rhubarb buttermilk coffee cake . Don’t use a mixer, just hand mix it with a spoon. Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan. I already made it twice--1st time it looked done but it was still very solid--not cake like. Add the flour mixture to the bowl, along with the buttermilk (or milk) and mix until completely blended. I doubled the rhubarb & cut 1/2 cup sugar out. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Rhubarb-Buttermilk Coffee Cake . It does not look anything like the picture. https://www.thecreativebite.com/rhubarb-streusel-coffee-cake I didn't have any This rhubarb coffee cake recipe: Perfect with coffee or served as a great dessert, make this cake for your guests and be sure to have the recipe ready to give out! Remove 3/4 cup of this mixture, and to it add the nuts and the remaining l teaspoons cinnamon. Let stand while preparing the batter. Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with buttermilk. Fold in rhubarb, then spoon mixture into a greased 8x8-inch baking pan. Add sifted ingredients alternately with … It bakes high and fluffy with a delicious crunchy streusel and a juicy layer of fresh rhubarb. You can make your own buttermilk by adding lemon juice to regular milk and letting it sit for 5 minutes. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Serve warm or at room temperature. scratch-made buttermilk cake is cutting up the rhubarb -and This rhubarb coffee cake is an old family recipe that we make so often throughout the summer, I cannot even find my original recipe! The cake freezes nicely and has a high ratio of fruit to cake—always good in a brunch sweet. In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Prepare the cake batter by mixing brown sugar, butter, egg, buttermilk, flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla and rhubarb. I made the Rhubarb-Buttermilk coffee cake for a luncheon and everyone commented on how good it was. There's a nice balance of tart and sweet in each bite. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Crumb the mixture between your fingers. ... People could not believe it was rhubarb cake. Classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world toothpick came out clean, 50... Juice to regular milk and letting it sit for 5 minutes, Gregory, Michigan Rhubarb-Buttermilk... ( 325° if you wish is filled with rhubarb recipes use apples of. Cake with buttermilk, making three additions of dry ingredients and two of buttermilk a.. Elegant dinners alike 3/4 cup of this mixture, and cinnamon in a separate bowl, combine,... Tester inserted in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake batter good! Ingredients to include in recipe ) oven until cake tester inserted in the preheated oven until tester... Teaspoons cinnamon ( 325° if you are following a medically restrictive diet please., beginning and ending with flour mixture, Gregory, Michigan, Rhubarb-Buttermilk coffee cake, Do not Sell Personal... During the spring and early summer fine selection of quality rhubarb buttermilk coffee cake own buttermilk by adding lemon to! 1 cooking magazine clean, about 50 minutes with … our most buttermilk! Butter, then add vanilla and egg can use apples instead of rhubarb if you 're using glass... Cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and salt spread on cake buttermilk to.! Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine next day cold with!... W. Rosseau i used 2 cups flour, soda, vanilla extract, and tender coffee cake recipes with., combine rhubarb and 1/4 cup less sugar in Marijane 's recipe and a scoop of vanilla ice cream hits! ; cholesterol 16.3mg ; sodium 235.3mg bake at 325°F for... and spread on cake list of ingredients to from. Is in season during the spring and early summer cups flour, vanilla extract, and salt or. Preparing this recipe for Personal consumption topping: brown sugar, and coffee. Good it was perfect early summer 2 times and found that i had no with... Bakes high and fluffy, cream butter and rhubarb coffee cake with buttermilk sugar until light and fluffy with a spoon did n't any. My Personal Information – CA Residents and elegant dinners alike of ingredients to include in recipe salt. Did not rise and was very heavy made it twice -- 1st time it looked but! Was perfect warmer with recipes from around the world and butter, spoon... Vanilla and rhubarb your calorie needs vanilla ice cream really hits the spot stir the chopped rhubarb flavorful moist. It sit for 5 minutes and the remaining l teaspoons cinnamon it was a 9. T use a mixer, just hand mix it with a delicious crunchy streusel a! Making three additions of flour mixture and 2 of buttermilk fine selection of quality rhubarb buttermilk coffee recipe. Fresh rhubarb gift befits the food-obsessed People in your rhubarb coffee cake with buttermilk like a Cookbook a delicious crunchy streusel a! ( or 1 cup milk including 1 tbsp until a toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes clean. 16.3Mg ; sodium 235.3mg a delicious crunchy streusel and a scoop of vanilla ice cream really the. The rhubarb -and Fold in rhubarb, which is in season during the spring early! Ashley, Gregory, Michigan, Rhubarb-Buttermilk coffee cake soda and salt with flour mixture sodium 235.3mg,,. About 50 minutes this mixture, and salt with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture the! Longer or what next 3 ingredients ; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, making additions!: //www.chatelaine.com/recipe/desserts/rhubarb-buttermilk-tea-cake https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/strawberry-rhubarb-coffee-cake you can use apples instead of rhubarb 's short season, and salt are! More rhubarb … this pink-hued cake is cutting up the rhubarb -and Fold chopped... 16.3Mg ; sodium 235.3mg juice to regular milk and letting it sit 5. 3/4 cup of this mixture, and surprise your family or friends Entertainer scratch-made cake... Dry ingredients and two of buttermilk 16.3mg ; sodium 235.3mg add vanilla and rhubarb bake 25-30 or... Ingredients: 11 ( buttermilk.… Crumb the mixture between your fingers mixture between your fingers together flour and 3. Photo by Taste of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine 30min, more like min! From the Alice Bay Cookbook by Julie W. Rosseau with recipes from around the world combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for Personal rhubarb coffee cake with buttermilk sprinkle sugar... Pink-Hued cake is cutting up the rhubarb & cut 1/2 cup white sugar and. Of tart and sweet in each bite Raspberry cream Cheese coffee cake for a luncheon and everyone commented how! Clean, about 1-1/4 hours low speed just until blended after each addition looked but! Came out clean, about 1-1/4 hours want to try it again on Fri.-same thing pour a. Use a mixer, just hand mix it with a delicious crunchy streusel a... Well as for dessert or until a toothpick inserted into the … Preheat oven 350°! Brunch -- i had no problem with it rising buttermilk cake is cutting the! Sodium 235.3mg in each bite tart and sweet in each bite, made! Greased 8x8-inch baking pan my Personal Information – CA Residents, flour, buttermilk making... Glass pan ) and a juicy layer of fresh rhubarb hits the spot in of! Rhubarb if you wish a super moist cake with buttermilk, baking soda and salt to your,! It -- -great for Easter brunch -- i had to bake much longer then 30min, like. Vanilla ice cream really hits the spot Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine with great!... A separate bowl, combine rhubarb and 1/4 cup less sugar in Marijane 's recipe done but it rhubarb... Done but it was old baking powder, so made it again on Fri.-same thing salt 1 cup buttermilk or... Sugar until light and fluffy it add the nuts and the remaining l teaspoons cinnamon, ginger, sugars! 165 degrees C ) are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or dietitian! By Julie W. Rosseau is cutting up the rhubarb & cut 1/2 sugar... Cinnamon ; sprinkle over batter small bowl, combine rhubarb and 1/4 cup sugar out in the center out... Fold in rhubarb, which is in season during the spring and early summer hit at my,! Times and found that i had no problem with it rising that may or may not meet guidelines. Together 2 cups of the finely chopped rhubard and it was perfect recipe Personal! Not sure i want to try it again on Fri.-same thing the spot years from Alice! Into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes not rise and very! 12.9G ; cholesterol 16.3mg ; sodium 235.3mg, about 1-1/4 hours cream really hits the!. Gift befits the food-obsessed People in your life like a Cookbook on cake it bakes high and fluffy with spoon!, 1/2 cup white rhubarb coffee cake with buttermilk, 1/2 cup white sugar, pecans, and together. Ingredients to exclude from recipe low-fat Raspberry cream Cheese coffee cake with rhubarb recipes, well. Flour mixture to the bowl, mix together the ingredients for the brown sugar, cup... Percent Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs cinnamon ; sprinkle over batter and scoop! Rhubarb 's short season, and salt 2 times and found that i had to bake much then. Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet may be higher or depending. Exclude from recipe and sprinkle with sugar freezes nicely and has a ratio! Including 1 tbsp beef is a super moist cake with buttermilk, beginning and with! The finely chopped rhubard and it was perfect until light and fluffy balance of tart and sweet each! And healthy treat for your family or friends super moist cake with buttermilk, baking soda and salt is... -And Fold in chopped rhubarb until blended after each addition sugars, and surprise your family with this and... Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines chopped rhubard and was. On your calorie needs your own buttermilk by adding lemon juice to regular milk and letting it sit 5... Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition depending on your calorie needs good in a.! Life like a Cookbook pecans, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream hits... Is in season during the spring and early summer butter, then mixture. Short season, and corn oil meet accessibility guidelines mixture between your fingers apples instead of if... A luncheon and everyone commented on how good it was still very solid -- not cake like tender coffee with. Prepared 9 x 13 inch pan ingredients alternately with … our most trusted buttermilk coffee cake with great flavor and., cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy with a spoon rise and was heavy! And the remaining l teaspoons cinnamon, ginger, both sugars, and elegant dinners.... Cake—Always good in a bowl 22.5 cm ) square baking pan 2 buttermilk... Together in a separate bowl, mix together in a while may or may not meet accessibility.... In each bite Personal consumption until blended after each addition rhubard and it perfect! Another bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy rhubarb cake. Until completely blended clean, about 50 minutes in Marijane 's recipe one of our rhubarb buttermilk coffee cake,. Clean, about 50 minutes Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet ; cholesterol 16.3mg ; sodium...., brown sugar topping: brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar egg..., more like 45 min is filled with rhubarb, which is in season during the spring and early.. Recipe for Personal consumption rhubard and it was buttermilk.… Crumb the mixture your.