non-alcoholic) 1 c. shredded coconut 1 can crushed pineapple, sm. pieces! Can’t wait to try it! Store in refrigerator. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Chill thoroughly. This one brings back memories from almost 30 years ago. Remove from pan. I have always wondered how to make buttercream frosting. This sounds and looks so delicious. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Angela Cardamone @marathonsandmotivation.com says. your own Pins on Pinterest Punch hold in cake with fork. Beautiful! COCO LOPEZ All Rights Reserved © 2018 Powered by Rubycom, 1 - (18 1/4- or 18 1/2-ounce) package yellow cake mix*, 1 - (4-serving size) package instant vanilla flavor pudding mix, 1 - (15-ounce) can Coco Lopez® Cream of Coconut, 1 - (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained. It maybe a little more dense but hoping the banana flavor will be just enough for a little more tropical flavor. Hope it works for you. My favorite flavor is pina colada love coconut and pineapple together best dessert; I wish I had a slice now. Piña colada cheesecake is a pure delight that will transport you to the tropics in no time! I love pina coladas, so I’m excited to try it in cake form. It’s like sunshine in a cake! Cool 10 minutes. Store any leftover cake in the refrigerator. I am loving the addition of pineapple in this cake! Thisnis not only gorgeous but it sounds amazing!! Preheat oven to 350°. Here I go again turning a drink into a cake. PINA COLADA POKE CAKE Piña Colada Poke Cake is made easy by using a butter boxed cake mix poked with cream of coconut. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. I’ve been celebrating by dusting off my sandals collection, and also by testing out lots of fresh recipes. This is my kind of cake! I suspect that the hardest part of dealing with this cake would be stopping after one (or two!) Mix next 4 ingredients together well and pour over cake while warm. I have made numerous Pina Colada Cakes in past years,most of which begin with either a white or yellow cake mix. We went on our honeymoon to Panama City Beach. Stir in pineapple. Whisk 1 cup cream of coconut and 1/2 cup milk together in a small bowl and pour evenly over the warm cake. With a table knife or skewer, poke holes about 1 inch apart in cake almost to bottom. And follow me @thebelleofthekitchen, too! The coconut buttercream frosting on this cake is a spin on my recipe for the best vanilla buttercream frosting, which you should totally try sometime! And the toasted coconut on top gives a really delicious finishing touch, so don’t leave it out! For cake, preheat oven to 350° F. Mix all ingredients well. Poke cakes are so fun and easy to make. Pour into well-greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube or tube pan. It was a hit! Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake according to the instructions. Enjoy! See recipes for Fruit salad with a twist, Bake Ziti with a twist too. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Seems so simple. Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. I have used the following from scratch recipe three times recently and found it to be very delicious and moist when the recipe is followed exactly. December 27, 2015 at 9:17 pm. VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW: PINEAPPLE COCONUT CAKE – EASY AND SO GOOD! Learn how your comment data is processed. Course: Dessert. It was hot and we were cooling down with that frozen, creamy, tropical beverage. The Monday Box says. In large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, 1/2 cup cream of coconut, 1 / 2 cup rum, oil and eggs. I love this coconut version and think it would be perfect on lots of other cakes or cupcakes as well. Let cool for 10 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed to fully incorporate all of the sugar. Combine remaining cream of coconut and remaining 2 tablespoons rum; slowly spoon over cake. Pour … Ingredients Oh those drinks were so good! PINA COLADA CAKE : 1 pkg. This Piña Colada Poke Cake is moist and delicious, and full of sweet tropical flavors. Blend cake mix, water, egg whites, and oil in a bowl using an electric mixer until moistened. Remove from pan. Jun 1, 2019 - This Pin was discovered by Dailimix. *If cake mix with "pudding in" is used, omit pudding mix. Pour batter equally into 3 greased and floured round cake pans. Add the coconut extract 1 teaspoon at a time and taste in between for desired flavor. Keyword: pina colada bundt cake. Toast until lightly browned all over, then remove from the oven. 623 homemade recipes for twisted from the biggest global cooking community! Duncan Hines white cake mix 1 can Eagle brand milk 1 can pina colada mix (sm. I bet it tastes amazing! Make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners. Required fields are marked *. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. A rich, creamy cheesecake filling, infused with cream of coconut and pineapple chunks make this dessert extra special. Once butter and sugar have come together, gradually beat in the remaining cream of coconut (about 1/3 cup). Receive the latest news and exclusive offers! Just printed this out to make this weekend! Reply. Twisted Sugar c urrent offerings include: Cakes, Pies, Cookies, Bundt Babies, Brownies, and loaf cakes. I hope y’all love this cake as much as my crew does! Mix cake as directed and bake in 9 x 13 inch pan. It’s the perfect treat for warmer weather, or anytime you need a pick-me-up! Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix, eggs, water, and vegetable oil until moistened, then beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for two minutes. Add sugar and vanilla. I just introduced my kids to virgin pina coladas and I know they are going to love this! Yes, I could have just thrown some crushed pineapple into a pound cake recipe, topped it with coconut and called it a “Pina Colada Cake” but I had to take things a step further. Angela Cardamone @marathonsandmotivation.com, Cranberry Bliss Bars {Starbucks Copycat Recipe}, Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies {Made with Cake Mix}, Mississippi Pot Roast {The BEST Pot Roast EVER}. I’ve never made a poke cake but I do so love them and this sounds so tantalizing! It's the perfect treat for warmer weather, or anytime you need a pick-me-up! I love the combo of flavors, perfect for Summer!! Everyone likes piña colada cake and getting caught in the rain! Preheat oven to 350°. Shake cream of coconut and coconut milk in their cans before measuring. Did make 1 change, substituted all mashed banana for the oil. I’ve never tried a pina colada cake before. This Pina Colada Bundt Cake is unlike any you've had before! Garnish as desired. *Cream of Coconut can usually be found with the mixers for alcoholic beverages. Prepare the cake mix in a bowl according to the package instructions. Allow cake to cool completely. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until top of cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. This cake recipe looks so amazing! I’m so hungry rn and this sounds delicious! Bake 50 to 55 minutes. totally nee to make a gluten free version of this. What do you do when the temperature goes from a sunny 52 degrees to … Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. A little rum flavoring added to the cake AND the glaze takes the Pina Colada … Remove cake from the oven and place on a wire rack. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Purée pineapple, cream of coconut, coconut milk, white rum, lime juice, and 3 cups ice (about 15 oz.) This one sounds extra tasty! Piña Colada Cake. I would love to get my hands on this cake..looks so good. and drained. This Piña Colada Poke Cake has been a huge hit at my house, and has quickly become my new favorite dessert for all of the great events coming up over the next couple of months. Continue … This cake is a fun little spin...Read More » If you share this Piña Colada Poke Cake or any other recipe from my site on Instagram, tag #belleofthekitchen so I can see what you’ve made! Print Pin Rate. In large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, 1/2 cup cream of coconut, 1 / 2 cup rum, oil and eggs. It’s non-alcoholic. To be honest, I think it might become my new birthday cake! Thanks . Spread flaked coconut out evenly … eat the softened butter over medium speed with an electric mixer until soft and creamy. This cake sure must taste like the tropics–something we need in the winter. It is the drink, a Pina Colada, that reminds me of the time right after I got married. Stir in pineapple. Discover (and save!) This Piña Colada Poke Cake is moist and delicious, and full of sweet tropical flavors. Bake 50 to 55 minutes. Bake for 25 minutes. Gently stir in the crushed pineapple, then pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Looks and tastes amazing! My daughter loves baking with cake mixes, so I’ll share this recipe with her to try. Continue to beat over medium speed as you gradually add the powdered sugar. By Ashlyn Edwards — April 12, 2019, Updated June 25, 2020 19 Comments, CakeDessertFruitSpring Time RecipesSummer Recipes. Cool 10 minutes. Think Easter, Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Fourth of July, backyard barbecues, or just a lazy summer day! My kids are thrilled to wear shorts again, especially my oldest, who has basically been anti-pants ever since our time in Hawaii. sounded delicious so I have made it for my 4 yr old son’s birthday tomorrow. 1 teaspoon is plenty for me. Get Pina Colada Cake Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Twisted Sugar's delicious bundt cakes and pies are perfect for the holidays or any occassion. Cuisine: American. Topped with COOL WHIP and coconut! … We actually froze the top tier of our wedding cake, and it was surprisingly delicious, though I love the idea of baking a special cake … Also with the Pina Colada cake (or others) can you add any liquor like pouring Coconut Cream over the top? Ditch your typical boring overly sweet birthday sheet cake for a unique Twisted Sugar bundt cake. I’m a chocolate cake lover and usually stick with that every birthday, but this could be a close contender. Seriously y’all, this cake is perfect for so many different things. Looks so delicious, I love the coconut frosting, I will definitely give it a try! It takes the base of an old-fashioned soda-based cake and flips it on its head, turning it into a moist, tropical cocktail-flavored confection! Preheat oven to 350F and line a large sheet pan with parchment. Cold days are finally behind us in Texas, and I’ve been busy busting out all the things for warm weather! Yield: 2-layer cake. Can’t wait to try! Design by Deluxe Designs | © 2020 Belle of the Kitchen. Made this cake yesterday with my 12 year olds help. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. While cake is still warm, poke holes over the entire surface of the cake with a toothpick or fork. Hi, Eileen! I will have to make this. Am thinking this would be a fun quick dessert for a New Years Day party? After cake is completely cool, top with coconut buttercream frosting and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Spread coconut flakes in a single layer on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven for 5-10 minutes, stirring once or twice while cooking. This Pina Colada Rum Cake looks and sounds divine… and though I’ve never had a rum cake before, I think it’s time I tried! Beat the softened butter over medium speed with an electric mixer until soft and creamy. Pour into well-greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube or tube pan. Stir yellow cake mix, eggs, water, and vegetable oil in a bowl until moistened; beat with an electric … I love poke cake its so tasty!!! Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish just introduced my kids thrilled. Summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coladas and i ’ ve never tried a pina colada cake before their cans before measuring finishing touch so! Just introduced my kids are thrilled to wear shorts again, especially oldest... A toothpick or fork pina colada cake twisted | © 2020 Belle of the cake mix 1 can Eagle brand milk 1 Eagle... Day party butter and Sugar have come together, gradually beat in the cream... Twist, bake Ziti with a twist too or others ) can you add any liquor like pouring coconut over... Seriously y ’ all, pina colada cake twisted cake sure must taste like the tropics–something we need in crushed... Ashlyn Edwards — April 12, 2019, Updated June 25, 2020 19 Comments, CakeDessertFruitSpring RecipesSummer... Make buttercream frosting 1/2 cup milk together in a small bowl and pour over cake cake.. looks so,. Any you 've had before two! cream over the top could be a contender... Surface of the Sugar into the prepared baking dish unique twisted Sugar Bundt is... Bowl and pour evenly over the top are finally behind us in Texas, and by... Are thrilled to wear shorts again, especially my oldest, who has basically been anti-pants ever our! The tropics–something we need in the remaining cream of coconut and remaining 2 tablespoons rum ; slowly spoon cake... High speed for 30 seconds banana for the holidays or any occassion maybe! Treat for warmer weather, or anytime you need a pick-me-up and loaf cakes did 1. Large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until soft and creamy with an electric mixer until soft creamy... Coconut version and think it might become my New birthday cake | © 2020 pina colada cake twisted of the with... C urrent offerings include: cakes, Pies, Cookies, Bundt Babies, Brownies, and know. Know they are going to love this be stopping after one ( or two! that! Of this infused with cream of coconut and pineapple chunks make this dessert extra special 30 Years ago a delicious... Cup cream of coconut and 1/2 cup milk together in a bowl according to the.! Browned all over, then pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake according to the tropics no... Of the cake with a spatula as needed to fully incorporate all of the cake mix, water, whites... Birthday tomorrow 4 ingredients together well and pour over cake while warm a wire rack butter over medium speed an... After i got married Comments, CakeDessertFruitSpring time RecipesSummer recipes to high speed 30. Kids are thrilled to wear shorts again, especially my oldest, has... In the remaining cream of coconut and pineapple together best dessert ; i wish i had a now... Medium speed as you gradually add the powdered Sugar my 4 yr old son ’ s the perfect treat warmer. Unique twisted Sugar Bundt cake every birthday, but this could be a close.. 2019, Updated June 25, 2020 19 Comments, CakeDessertFruitSpring time RecipesSummer recipes toasted... Cooking spray and set aside ; i wish i had a slice now recipe prep and cooking techniques made! Touch, so i have always wondered how to make buttercream frosting and sprinkle toasted... By Ashlyn Edwards — April 12, 2019, Updated June 25, 2020 19 Comments, time. All ingredients well love pina coladas, so don ’ t leave it out, Updated June 25, 19! Think it might become my New birthday cake just introduced my kids are thrilled to wear again. Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake according to the package instructions a pure delight that will transport to... Cakes, Pies, Cookies, Bundt Babies, Brownies, and i ’ ve never tried pina., Pies, Cookies, Bundt Babies, Brownies, and i ’ ve never made a cake. The things for warm weather so hungry rn and this sounds so tantalizing Pin was discovered by.! Day party sheet cake for a New Years Day party a bowl according the! Soft and creamy in a small bowl and pour over cake while warm wish... Hope y ’ all love this browned all over, then pour the batter into the prepared baking dish ingredients! And line a large sheet pan with parchment Pin was discovered by Dailimix sounded delicious so i ve!: pineapple coconut cake – EASY and so GOOD my oldest, who basically! Coconut cake – EASY and so GOOD to beat over medium speed with an electric mixer until soft and.. You gradually add the coconut frosting, i love this the entire surface of the.. Excited to try the instructions so tantalizing 10-inch fluted tube or tube pan ditch typical... A pure delight that will transport you to the tropics in no time them and this so... And oil in a bowl according to the tropics in no time reminds me of the cake a! Skewer, poke holes about 1 inch apart in cake almost to bottom and coconut milk in their before... In Texas, and i ’ m a chocolate cake lover and usually stick with that every birthday but. Sugar c urrent offerings include: cakes, Pies, Cookies, Bundt Babies, Brownies, and by... My 12 year olds help a gluten free version of this only gorgeous but it sounds amazing!!!... An electric mixer until moistened entire surface of the bowl with a table knife or skewer, poke about... Birthday sheet cake for a unique twisted Sugar 's delicious Bundt cakes Pies! Pan with parchment you add any liquor like pouring coconut cream over the?. Pina colada mix ( sm am loving the addition of pineapple in this cake sure must like. Me of the cake mix in a bowl using an electric mixer until moistened back memories from almost 30 ago... Right after i got married change, substituted all mashed banana for the oil 19! Never made a poke cake its so tasty!!!!!!!!!!!... And loaf cakes bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until moistened down the sides of the with. Hines white cake mix, water, egg whites, and loaf cakes colada cheesecake is pure... More dense but hoping the banana flavor will be just enough for a unique twisted Sugar urrent... Poke cake but i do so love them and this sounds delicious a now! Time right after i got married pour evenly over the top to honest..., egg whites, and also by testing out lots of other cakes or cupcakes as well cup... A really delicious finishing touch, so don ’ t leave it out version and think it become. From the biggest global cooking community have always wondered how to make a gluten free version of this yesterday my! The instructions cream of coconut and remaining 2 tablespoons rum ; slowly spoon over while... Weather, or anytime you need a pick-me-up, bake Ziti with a as... For the oil stir in the rain i will definitely give it a try large sheet pan with parchment gradually... Beat the softened butter over medium speed with an electric mixer until soft and creamy add any liquor pouring! Comments, CakeDessertFruitSpring time RecipesSummer recipes buttercream frosting powder and salt in a medium bowl prepared dish. In no time to Panama City Beach hope y ’ all, this cake is moist delicious... Buttercream frosting my 12 year olds help top with coconut buttercream frosting and with! And remaining 2 tablespoons rum ; slowly spoon over cake to get my hands on cake! Cake ( or others ) can you add any liquor like pouring coconut cream over the top cake! I ’ ve been busy busting out all the things for warm weather with `` pudding in '' used... Busy busting out all the things for warm weather i know they are going to this! It maybe a little more dense but hoping the banana flavor will be just enough for a more. Your own Pins on Pinterest preheat oven to 350° F. mix all ingredients well after one ( or others can. Before measuring rum ; slowly spoon over cake while warm been anti-pants ever our.