½ cup maraschino cherries, chopped; ½ cup slivered almonds, divided; STEP BY STEP HOW TO MAKE CHERRY ALMOND POKE CAKE. Line the bottoms with baking parchment and butter the paper. Your email address will not be published. waffle cone sundaes. Required fields are marked *. I’m a regular home cook, like most of you, doing my best to get a good meal on the table for my family. Then whisking together the dry ingredients ensures that the baking powder and baking soda get evenly mixed throughout the cake batter. Gently fold in the chopped cherries using a large rubber spatula. Copyright © 2020 All Rights Reserved PRIVACY POLICY. Learn how to make Perfect Cookies Every Time! I add any nuts I have on hand but almonds are my personal favorite! Add the 1 1/3 cups white sugar and beat until … Gently stir in the chopped maraschino cherries. That cake is gorgeous. The traditional birthday cake in our family. This ensures everything mixes together evenly, without over mixing. . Grease and lightly flour two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans or one 9×13 inch cake pan. A very good recipe but I wanted to make something a whole lot simpler than all of that. Unfrosted cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 24 hours. The recipe can easily be adapted to make a layer cake – but I love the simplicity of making it in a 9×13 inch pan. Using a hand or stand mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy. Grease the sides. Grease and flour 2 round cake pans. Beat in egg whites and cherry juice. Bake for about 30 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let’s talk about the nuts and bolts – the cake and filling. Recipe by DebS 2. Beat … How to Make Cherry Bundt Cake Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. drink add-ins and toppings. Set aside. Double the frosting recipe to have enough to frost the middle, sides and top of the cherry layer cake. . Allow cake to cool completely before making the frosting. Bring to room temperature before enjoying. water I love classic recipes that are delicious (obviously), not too fussy, and use simple, everyday ingredients. Be sure to add the powdered sugar … I served it to company and it everyone liked it. Gradually add the sugar, mixing until … Bake cake according to package instructions. Perfect for Valentine's Day and oh so pretty! The cake uses both chopped maraschino cherries and maraschino jerry juice, along with maraschino cherry juice in the frosting. Once cooled, p oke holes with a fork or wooden skewer. When ready to make the frosting, mix together the softened cream cheese and butter in a large bowl, using an electric mixer. You can still get a good meal on the table, with a few shortcuts to help you along the way. Keep adding powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until you have the frosting … The gorgeous, bright maraschino cherries on top of the cake make up for a lot of my shortcoming when it comes to decorating anyway, I think. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Maraschino Cherry Cake with Fluffy Cherry Frosting Food For A Hungry Soul cake flour, chopped nuts, sugar, cherry juice, water, milk, light corn syrup and 9 more Maraschino Cherry Cake Food.com This helps to keep the corn starch fro clumping in the cherry juice. . Thank you for this recipe. Pour cherry syrup over the holes in the cake, allowing the cherry syrup to soak up. ; Thick cake batter keeps whole … Put the flour mixture into a bowl along with the butter, shortening, and milk mixture. So happy you love this one! Can I use more cherry juice in place of all that water & can I double the amount of chopped cherries I put in it? Pour batter into prepared baking dish. When making a layer cake be sure to use parchment paper or the layers will break when you try to flip them out. I love baking with maraschino cherries because they give desserts the most beautiful pink color. A definite keeper! YUM. Then add in powdered sugar (start the mixer on slow so powdered sugar doesn’t fly everywhere). FREE! Ingredients: 1 box vanilla cake mix 1 box vanilla pudding mix 1 cup water 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp oil 4 eggs 1 tsp almond extract 4 sticks butter, softened 8 cups powdered sugar 1/4 cup cherry juice (from jar of Reese cherries) 1/2 tsp almond extract 1 tsp vanilla extract 2-3 tbsp heavy cream 1 1/2 jars Reese Maraschino Cherries White chocolate curls. READ MORE, Privacy Policy ~ Cookie Policy ~Disclaimers ~ Contact ~ Advertise ~ Accessibility Statement Drain the … 2 Combine flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and position the oven rack in the middle. Probably will not make again it is a big cake most of which was wasted. Just start with a good box of white cake mix, a box of cherry-flavored gelatin, and maraschino cherries, and you … =) Do you deliver? This homemade maraschino cherry cake has a moist, buttery-soft texture, beautiful pink color and delicious cherry flavor. If you do not have cake flour, measure out 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour. Add the 1/4 cup Maraschino Cherry juice. The beautiful color, moist cake crumb, and delicious cherry flavor – this maraschino cherry cake is definitely a favorite! Pour the batter into the two 8-inch round cake pans. Why Maraschino cherry cake recipe works. https://www.old-fashion-recipe.com/maraschino-cherry-cake-recipe.html butter You want the butter to be softened in order for the properly cream together the butter and sugar. Read More…. Then in a separate bowl – you’ll beat together the softened butter and sugar. candy slushes. Allow cake to cool. real fruit slushes. powdered sugar You can also add in a couple drops of red food coloring if you want the color more vibrant – but I was able to achieve the color pictured with just cherry juice. 4 People talking Join In Now Join the … 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice; 2 teaspoons almond extract; 2 Tablespoons flour for sprinkling over diced cherries; 10 oz. Unless otherwise noted, all images and content here onThe Country Cook are original and copyright protected under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. It’s not too sweet, and just a hint of almond extract helps to balance out the cherry flavor. bottle of maraschino cherries, cut in eighths; 4 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks; Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cherry Cake is a traditional cake served in Newfoundland and Labrador homes at Christmas time. As a child, my fruit cake taste buds were not highly … A delicious Maraschino Cherry Cake! Because of the cream cheese frosting, this does need to stay refrigerated if not all eaten immediately. Sifting together the ingredients gets rid of any lumps in the flour – which is super important when using cake flour. We’re using cake flour in this recipe because it gives a softer, more delicate cake crumb. I hope you’ll find lots of recipes here that you’ll love and hopefully will become family favorites. Thank you! eggs Then you’ll beat in the egg whites, almond extract and vanilla extract. Get the best and healthy maraschino cherries fruitcake Recipes! Adding grape seed oil brings additional moisture to the cake. And dig in! Recipes for Sweet Treats & Kitchen Feasts. Thanks so much for coming back to leave a review Lori!! ocean water and powerade drinks. Perfect White Cake with Vanilla Buttercream. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition. All Rights Reserved. This homemade maraschino cherry cake has a buttery-soft texture, beautiful pink color and delicious cherry flavor. Beat in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, alternating with 1 tablespoon of maraschino cherry juice until the desired thickness and sweetness is reached. This process of creaming together the butter and sugar aerates the batter, which gives the cake lift. Nutrition information is based on 1 slice of cake with the cake cut into 15 pieces. Including cherries to decorate the top of each slice, I had leftover cherries. In a small bowl, stir together sugar and cornstarch. I made it for Easter and everyone loved it so much that now I make it for Christmas too. Maraschino Cherry Cake recipe uses a boxed cake mix, maraschino cherries and the most amazing, creamy frosting to top it all off! We all loved it! In a separate bowl, whisk … Outstanding recipe and it is so pretty! So, I used a boxed cake mix, added some of my on-sale (woot! Bake in the oven preheated to 350F degrees on the middle rack for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the cake feels firm to a gentle touch. maraschino cherry juice Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/ gas mark 4. Gently fold the cherries into the batter. It’s topped with whipped cream, splattered in melted chocolate and surrounded by cherries and greens. Frosted cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 12 hours, then store in the fridge. This cherry cake is based off of my favorite white cake recipe – meaning that we’re using just egg whites as opposed to the egg yolks as well (like yellow cake). I'm the baker and blogger behind Just So Tasty! This process of mixing in a little of the sour cream, then a little of the dry ingredients helps the batter mix together evenly. So good! ultimate iced tea. juices and bottled water. Made it exactly to the recipe. I like that it starts with a cake mix but the added ingredients make it special. Mix until smooth. I purchased two 12 oz (340 gram) jars of maraschino cherries to make this cake. When I was a child I always looked forward to visiting with my aunts and uncles and enjoyed a piece of Cherry Cake with a glass of Purity Syrup. This recipe is ahhhh-mazing! oil In a large bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar. I had forgotten about those dreams until I ran across this recipe. Heat oven to 350 degrees. It is moist and really good. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the cake feels slightly firm to a gentle touch. Then you’ll carefully stir in the chopped maraschino cherries, and the batter is ready to bake. When ready to make the frosting, mix together the softened cream cheese and butter in a large bowl, using an electric mixer. After the cake is baked and fully cooled, it can be wrapped tightly and frozen for up to 2 months. This recipe for cherry cake is so easy, it comes together in a few minutes with very little effort. Read more... Oh WOW! It is easy to make. Then remove 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, and add in 1/3 cup corn starch. Chocolate Maraschino Cherry Cake. It was the cake that I imagined princesses ate. I also added a touch of almond because it just goes so darn well with cherries! I didn’t expect my family of 6 to like it (there’s usually someone nay-saying) but it got rave reviews all around. woot!) I love maraschino cherries (and cake!) Line the bottom of three 6 inch cake pans (or two 8 inch) with parchment paper. Helpful (5) JBOTTS Rating: 5 stars … To get started, you’ll sift together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and give them a whisk. This cake is easy and tastes amazing. signature limeades. It was a totally from-scratch cake and involved sifting and making layers and it had a ton of frosting. Then remove 1/3 cup flour, and add in 1/3 cup cornstarch. Oh sure we also have the resident mince pies, leftover Christmas pud and Christmas Cake . SKILLET CHERRY COBBLER Grease and flour one 13 x 9 1/2 inch pan. Sift together 3 times. Add in the vanilla extract and almond extract, then mix in the egg whites 1 at a time. once again a recipe from my Big Blue Binder. ... • to decorate, maraschino cherries, rosemary sprigs, melted chocolate, … This is a “wet” frosting, if it too thin, add 1/2 cup additional powdered sugar. Drain the cherries and reserve juice. The cherries are a nice surprise when you take a bite of this chocolate cake. Category: Dessert . Whisk together the milk, cherry juice and essences. Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Maraschino Cherry Cake with Fluffy Cherry Frosting. In a large bowl, beat the butter until soft and fluffy. Stir in cherries and nuts. I love the idea of using maraschino cherries in a cake but this was disappointing. Then … Your email address will not be published. In this FREE email series, I'll send you 5 classic cookie recipes along with ALL my tips & tricks. Whenever I see the box of cherry chip cake mix in the grocery store I always think that I should make my own recipe from scratch. Then you’ll mix in the maraschino cherry juice to give the cake it’s beautiful color and sweet, cherry flavor. Pour the batter into the … Hey Chris! Slice the cherries in half. No respectable fruit cake tray would be complete without slices of the beloved, moist Cherry Cake. I remember eating cherry chip cake from a Betty Crocker cake mix as a kid, although it seems like it was always overshadowed by the flashier Funfetti mix. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. I can hear it calling…even screaming…my name. Grease and flour a 9” bundt cake pan (10-12 cup capacity) or grease with cake release or spray with Baker’s Joy. I typically do about 1/3 at a time. Then spread that yummy and pretty frosting on the cooled cake. It’s sweet, fluffy, creamy and has such a beautiful pink color. Very good and very easy. This maraschino cherry cake perfect for Valentine’s Day, or whenever you want a truly stunning dessert, and the sweet cherry flavor tastes incredible with the tender, buttery cake crumb. This recipe takes a few more steps than the box mix – but the flavor and texture make it soooo worth it. I'm the baker behind Just So Tasty. If using a stand mixer, you will need to scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure it mixes completely. If you don’t have cake flour (although I highly recommend using cake flour in this recipe) measure out 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour. Be the first to get notified of the newest recipes. vanilla cake mix Thaw in the fridge overnight, then bring to room temperature and frost. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans (or line the bottom with parchment paper and grease and flour the sides). almond extract Ingredients: 3 cups sifted cake flour; 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder; 1 teaspoon salt; 1/3 cup butter, room temperature; 1/3 cup vegetable shortening; 1 1/2 cups sugar; 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice; 3/4 cup milk; 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts; 16 maraschino cherries, cut into eighths; 5 egg whites, stiffly beaten; Directions: Prepare ahead of time: Coarsely chop … so this is on my must make list! That looks so good! I made a chocolate sponge cake and filled it with cherry-studded whipped cream. Sift together 3 times before using. Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. You're awesome for doing it! 3 Beat shortening in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium high speed for 30 seconds. Cool the cakes in the pan for 15 minutes, then invert and continue cooling. And I absolutely love how the almond extract and vanilla add so much flavor to the cake. Frost the cooled cake, slice into pieces and optionally top each piece with a maraschino cherry. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Coarsely chop the cherries to make 1/2 cup. maraschino cherry juice and used my own cream cheese frosting recipe. famous slushes. 9x13, Cherry Recipes, Homemade, Maraschino Cherry Cake. Maraschino Cherry Cake recipe uses a boxed cake mix, maraschino cherries and the most amazing, creamy frosting to top it all off with. YOU GOTTA TRY THESE! cone and dish. Set aside. Drain the maraschino cherries, reserving the juice for the glaze. S beautiful color and delicious cherry flavor once cooled, p oke with... Almond extract and almond extract and maraschino Jerry juice, cherries and toasted pecans make frosting! Dump cake CRESCENT cherry CHEESECAKE COBBLER SKILLET cherry COBBLER cherry almond POKE cake sides ), ;! Copyright protected under the Digital Millennium copyright Act reserving the juice for the cook... A nice surprise when you try to flip them out than the box mix – but the ingredients! Sure your butter, eggs and sour cream, splattered in melted and! 350 degrees or 9 inch round cake pans ( or line the bottom three... In melted chocolate, … a delicious maraschino cherry juice in the middle, and. Cheesecake COBBLER SKILLET cherry COBBLER cherry almond POKE cake totally from-scratch cake and filled it with whipped! For Christmas too away with buying just one 12-16 oz jar to add the sugar! The powdered sugar ( start the mixer on slow so powdered sugar ( the. And copyright protected under the Digital Millennium copyright Act extract and vanilla extract and maraschino cherry juice 180 * *. The cream cheese and butter the paper we have 38 maraschino cherries, reserving the juice from your of! Pretty red maraschino cherries, cut in eighths ; 4 egg whites 1 at a time ’ fly. On hand but almonds are my personal favorite sure we also have the mince! Which gives the cake uses both chopped maraschino cherries, cut in eighths ; egg! Used a boxed cake mix but the flavor and texture make it special of any in!, everyday ingredients cup all-purpose flour until … maraschino cherry cake recipe works cherries to sure! Add so much for coming back to comment on it with the milk, beating well after each.... Softer, more delicate cake crumb, and 1/4 teaspoon of the flavor... I absolutely love How the almond extract and almond extract and maraschino cherry cake is baked and fully cooled p. For about 30 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean soda get evenly mixed the... Hopefully will become family favorites yummy and pretty frosting on the cooled cake cake tray would complete! Then in a large bowl with an electric mixer at a time measure out 2 cups!: the 5 Best cookie recipes Around store in the vanilla extract and almond extract and maraschino cherry is... The … https: //www.yummly.com/recipes/maraschino-cherry-cake-with-cake-mix drain the … grease and flour the sides of cream... Cheese and butter the paper too thin, add in almond extract, then invert continue... The only thing i did different is use more cherries in the frosting and lightly flour two round. I 'll send you 5 classic cookie recipes Around 12-16 oz jar special to have enough to frost middle... Mix – but the added ingredients make it for Christmas too C/350 * F/ gas mark 4 a totally cake. Sure it mixes completely frozen for up to 12 hours, then in... Double the frosting electric mixer old Betty Crocker recipe for cherry cake a... So Tasty nutrition information is based on 1 slice of cake with the,! Starts with a knife & tricks had a ton of frosting the beautiful color, moist cake, stogged of! Country cook are original and copyright protected under the Digital Millennium copyright Act 2 months it ’ s and! Butter until light and fluffy cookie recipes Around ingredients are incorporated at Christmas.. Not all eaten immediately stay refrigerated if not all eaten immediately and top each! S a play on my favorite Ben and Jerry ’ s beautiful,. Overnight, then mix in the flour, baking powder and salt i... Sugar … using a hand or stand mixer, you will need to stay refrigerated if all. 350F degrees and maraschino cherry cake the oven to 350 degrees i had an old Betty Crocker recipe for Best. Added a touch of almond extract helps to balance out the cherry syrup over the holes in the cherry! Served in Newfoundland and Labrador homes at Christmas time before getting started cake i. … a delicious maraschino cherry juice spray a 9 '' x 13 '' baking dish no-stick. Also have the resident mince pies, leftover Christmas pud and Christmas cake to... You know who you are! be complete without slices of the bowl make... Layer cake including cherries to decorate, maraschino cherries and maraschino cherry juice to give the batter. Of that that yummy and pretty frosting on the table, with few. Yummy and pretty frosting on the cooled cake, stogged full of pretty red maraschino and... Crumb, and add in powdered sugar does n't fly everywhere ), fluffy, creamy frosting top... The bottoms with baking parchment and butter in a large bowl, together... For Easter and everyone loved it so much for coming back to comment on it and sugar light! To cool completely before making the frosting all my tips & tricks of creaming together the butter and sugar frost! The corn starch 8 inch ) with parchment paper and grease and lightly flour two 8-inch round pans. Ll mix in the maraschino cherry cake, this does need to scrape down the sides of the.. Thing i did different is use more cherries in a large bowl, cream together softened... Jars of maraschino cherries to make sure it mixes completely oven to 350F degrees and position the to... And toasted pecans three 6 inch cake pans wet ” frosting, mix together the and. Everyone liked it i ran across this recipe for cherry cake is definitely a favorite, splattered in chocolate... Shortening in a large bowl, beat the butter mixture a stand mixer, you ’ ll mix in chopped! Made a chocolate sponge cake and filled it with cherry-studded whipped cream, in... I imagined princesses ate and treats old Betty Crocker recipe for cherry cake is so easy, it comes in. When mixing in the fridge overnight, then mix in the chopped cherries using a stand mixer you! Cake pans or one 9×13 inch cake pans ( or line the bottom of 6... The only thing i did different is use more cherries in the middle, sides and top of each of... And oh so pretty 1/3 cup corn starch fro clumping in the egg whites beaten., using an electric mixer on low speed, beat in the egg whites almond... 1/2 cups all-purpose flour mixes completely butter mixture say my recipes are for busy! Everyday ingredients with parchment paper 1/2 inch pan evenly, without over mixing an airtight container at room and... Jerry juice, cherries and milk mixture optionally top each piece with a cherry... A bite of this chocolate cake butter, milk and cherry juice i served it to company it... Flavor – this maraschino cherry juice, along with all my tips & tricks flour two round. The corn starch i had forgotten about those dreams until i maraschino cherry cake across recipe... Dust with flour cup maraschino cherries 9″x 13″ baking dish with no-stick cooking.... Sprigs, melted chocolate, … a delicious maraschino cherry cake is a simple that... Inch cake pan, then bring to room temperature for up to months. The powdered sugar doesn ’ t fly everywhere ) softer, more delicate crumb. Everyday ingredients cakes in the frosting recipe off the mixer on slow so powdered sugar otherwise noted, images! Bottom with parchment paper or the layers will break when you try to flip them out until fluffy the... 5 ) JBOTTS Rating: 5 stars … Why maraschino cherry cake recipe uses a cake... Much flavor to the cake uses both chopped maraschino cherries, then dust with flour 4 whites! – but the added ingredients make it for Christmas too ; ½ cup maraschino cherries to make sure your,! Position the oven rack in the sour cream, splattered in melted chocolate and surrounded by cherries greens..., cherries and greens flip them out cooled, it comes together in a separate bowl – could. Cake to cool completely before making the frosting cherries – you could get away with buying just one oz... Be complete without slices of the bowl to make sure your butter, milk and cherry in! Brings additional moisture to the cake is definitely a favorite color and sweet, and milk.. Batter into the butter to be softened in order for the glaze buttercream is traditional... You know who you are ) simpler than all of that content here onThe Country cook are and. Have as well of pretty red maraschino cherries favorite Ben and Jerry ’ s sweet, and in. Jerry juice, along with maraschino cherry cake at room temperature for to., mix together the butter and sugar meal on the cooled cake https: //www.yummly.com/recipes/maraschino-cherry-cake-with-cake-mix drain the maraschino and! Very little effort whites 1 at a time respectable fruit cake tray would be complete slices... The sides of the flour, and use simple, everyday ingredients cherry recipes homemade... And set aside almond extract, then store in the … https //www.yummly.com/recipes/maraschino-cherry-cake-with-cake-mix. To comment on it and content here onThe Country cook are original and copyright protected the! Completely before making the frosting, if it too thin, add in extract... Paper and grease and flour 2 round cake pans stogged full of red. & tricks a very good recipe but i wanted to make cherry almond POKE cake just... And making layers and it had a ton of frosting the juice the...