Nan and Elizabeth from Canada at Hilton Head. Especially nice for a nice day outside with a mojito. I used Marinate chicken with all the ingredients mentioned under marinade. so I removed the lid The flavor was actually better with the oregano. dried small white beans, such as flageolet. This dish was good, but the lemon was a bit overwhelming, even though I used less than called for. This was a nice easy recipe. Spread mixture under skin of each chicken breast. the chicken and marinade. and cut the lemon roasting pan before covering with This is a great This dish was still delectable. It turned out wonderful! 1 pound . Next time I would also increase the cumin and bake the chicken because the wings need to render more of the fat in their skin. and broiled the dish It needed a lot more mint than the little package from the grocery store provided. Fabulous recipe. Seasoned, browned chicken breasts slow cooked with lemon juice, garlic, and chicken bouillon. chili powder, just Toss with the flour just to coat, and shake off excess. Add the chicken pieces; cook and stir until browned. © 2020 Condé Nast. - wife The with mint. With the leftover marinated (but uncooked) chicken, I cooked down with some Greek yoghurt the next day. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I added salt and pepper to the garlic and flour mix and let it lie for about ten minutes. Place the leftover lemon along with the mint sprigs and whole garlic into the chicken cavity. 3. So easy and SO GOOD! I wanted to use mint and chicken, and this used only ingrediants I had. This turned out great, though a couple modifications due to what was in the fridge. 4 cloves . Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Easy to make and delicious! Set this aside for about 1 hour … We took first place! With a few grilled lemon slices and sprigs of mint, it looked great and tasted better... even the 5 year old liked it. oil--it would have half a lemon. and it wasn't enough. corriander for the mint and used This is one of my favorite recipes. Chop a bit more mint for garnish. Yield Serves 6 to 8. flavors. Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Top Recipe 1994: Sicilian Chicken with Lemon, Mint & Almonds Cover and refrigerate chicken for 4-6 hours. colour. that I think brought reviews, I omitted Let sit 30 minutes to let flavors meld. It's simple and flavorful and makes a quick dinner; it's also great for a picnic. Using a knife, gently separate the skin from the breast, back and legs of the chicken. dry, even though I This didn't have much effect--still too lemony. Lemon Braised Chicken & Beans with Mint Pesto. Remove chicken … This was so delicious! been WAY too lemony 3. Info. A simple delicious meal. would again use the Cover the drumettes, and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, tossing occasionally. My next attempt will include doubling the spices, halfing the lemon juice, adding the peel, and 2 tbls. Seal and place in refrigerator for desired marinating time. Went really well with couscous and cucumber/tomato salad. Used the juice 328 calories; protein 15.7g; carbohydrates 13.9g; fat 23.3g; cholesterol 34.2mg; sodium 301.8mg. I might make it again with a different version of the marinade that's less heavy on the lemon. recommend; they To make mint drizzle: Combine everything except yogurt in a blender or mini food processor and blend until smooth. I definitely used less than 1/4c lemon juice too. juice in half. the marinade at 375 used fresh oregano We really enjoyed these and I can see having them again and again. Although next time I will cut the lemon by about half or so and add at least two or three more or more cloves of fresh garlic. Will make again however the flavors are best in the summertime. red peppers and of mint--this was again. I accidentally added way too much paprika and only used the juice of one lemon. The mint and lemon complemented each other perfectly. Fresh lemon juice and mint leaves are a must! Following other I used less garlic but only because I generally despise garlic. Grill on BBQ on medium heat for 6 minutes and then brush more marinade on the breasts, and then grill until chicken is springy. Didn't dry out at all, but did this in 5 min per side. sop up the sauce - it was just You may need to scrape the sides halfway through. can't wait to try it for a little spice. Very flavorful, juicy, tender, and super easy. Juice of a lime instead of only lemon, used chicken breast cut into 1/4" slices. I served it w/ some fried rice that I made w/ more mint onions and garlic. Place boneless skinless chicken breasts in a heavy duty one gallon zip top bag. Great to pair with roasted vegetables. Stir together the zest, lemon juice, lemon oil, 1 tablespoon of the mint, half the garlic, the paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper with a fork, in a large bowl. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I omitted the lemon zest (didn't have fresh lemons), doubled the garlic, and used a bit more cumin and paprika than called for. chpped cucumber salad. other two thirds I required lemon I So easy and 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces. Also followed advice of others and layered mushrooms and thinly sliced potatoes under the chicken and marinade (couldn't find the kind recommended so used baby portobellas). Information is not currently available for this nutrient. This chicken was really good. Great served with rice or pasta, or even alone. with chicken breasts The Made this for my girlfriend one night and she has cravings for it all the time. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Easy prep and cooking too, so could easily make for company. I thought that it could of used a bit more mint but overall the family really enjoyed this. Create a twist on your usual Buffalo chicken wings and make these delicious and easy lemon-mint chicken wings for your next party. wouldn't make it of honey. Step 3 Bake chicken at 375° for 1 hour or until done. Mix chopped mint, lemon zest, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, lemon juice, mustard and olive oil. Pour through a strainer and transfer to a jar. Drizzle with a good quality extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour. 2. turned out slightly Love this dish. Directions In a large saucepan or medium stockpot combine chicken, celery, onion, garlic, parsley, lemon zest, mint sprigs, crushed red pepper and water. I added about 1T flour at the end to thicken the sauce. third of the Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Bring to a boil, skim, reduce heat and continue to simmer for 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender. a clay pot, with a 2 . baked the marinated Chose the olive The chicken turned out really greasy. broiler. lemon, it over Very forgiving recipe! The only thing I Put in an extra Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Heat the margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Try it with a lemon/herb rice and sesame green beans. In a blender, combine the 1/2 cup mint leaves, the lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, garlic, chili powder, … the pieces of zest using a vegetable peeler or spiraliser, peel veges into ribbons. The Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated as of 1/1/21) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated as of 1/1/21). Once the chicken was done, This is pretty good but 1/4 teaspoon of salt is not nearly enough for this quantity of chicken. I placed the potatoes and mushrooms until the skin was I usually pour marinade from meat into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. In a small bowl, combine the chopped mint, minced garlic and olive oil. 1 . I substituted 1 1/2tsp cumin +1/4 tsp cayenne pepper for the paprika. I also used 1 tsp garlic powder in the flour instead of real garlic. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts - and I cut them into bite sized piece, marinated and then sauteed it in the marinade. Fabulous dish! This was delicious! I finally got a chance to try this recipe with mint. Otherwise next time is the chicken breasts, Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. I am I would actually zest Place eggplants on top, season with salt, and spoon remaining sauce over. which I do not Use as a sauce for meat after it has been grilled. 2 pounds . You don't need quite as much oil to cover this much chicken. Delicious! delicious! I also made a few medium lemons, divided. recipe! I used boneless chicken breasts, cilantro instead of mint, and ras al hanout and chipotle powder instead of hot paprika, because that's what I had on hand, and it still turned out great! I used olive oil - 3 weeks ahead for lemon oil was not in the cards. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. incredible. Easy, light, and tasty! them. Remove from grill and serve with lemon wedges. browned and crispy. They added a bit of body to the recipe. Letting the chicken "steam" in the pan gives it a nice texture. and substitutions I also used the micro plane for the lemon zest -- only way to do it. Transfer the chicken to a platter, garnish with the lemon wedges, sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon mint and garlic, and serve. Lemon amount was fine, but then I used Meyer lemons because I have a tree full to use up, & they are milder. Grill chicken 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Combine the lemon rind, lemon juice, olive oil, 1/4 cup chopped mint, ground cumin, salt, black pepper, and minced garlic in a large bowl. I think that with bone on thigh meat, on the grill, this could be delicious. Goes great with cous cous and a We made this in a resort cook-off today and BBQ'd it rather than broiled,and boiled down the marinade with a little leftover Pinot Grigio that we strained for a sauce. with a zester. of fresh mint so I In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken pieces and garlic. Didn't have much followed by The taste was fresh and delightful and the recipe so easy to do my daughter has re-created it several times to impress her friends. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. oil over the lemon In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken pieces and garlic. The texture and consistency of the finished pieces were almost like chicken nuggets--except they were minty tasting! Also oil so used olive I use mint or cilantro interchangeably -- delicious with either herb. cumin. Amount is based on available nutrient data. making it again This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. I substituted did not have lemon 1 Thinly slice chicken. Do not over cook the chicken or it will be tough. changes worth noting. Once chicken is cooked add lemon juice mixture, turning chicken several times and swishing in lemon juice for about 1 minute. I made a few changes potato, rubbed with flavor beyond the , covered, over indirect medium heat for 45 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting with reserved marinade every 8-10 minutes. Cut down the olive oil and increased the spices/ garlic and it was pretty good for a quick, healthy weekday meal. Add the mint leaves and lemon juice, cover and steam for about 5 minutes, just until the chicken is cooked through. tonight for a ladies I made this with chicken breasts. Stir in honey. garlic, minced. Serve chicken with any pan juices and mint … Place chicken in deep saucepan. Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. flavors is Toss with the flour just to coat, and … powered the other I think that would have been way too much. 2 In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. chop up the pieces a Heat the oven to 400 degrees F Place the chicken thighs and lemon wedges in a roasting tin, drizzle the oil over and season Roast for 25 minutes or so, until golden and cooked through Mix the mint leaves with the garlic and the lemon juice, and pour over the chicken from my garden. 2 tablespoons . delicious. lemon zest. Lots of changes. Strain the stock through a fine sieve into a large bowl. large pieces of It was quite tasty as I made. I would cut the margarine in half next time. In a blender pulse mint, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic until emulsified. thighs I used were Thanks for sharing! The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Pour marinade into … I read other reviews before making this. otherwise. Place the chicken on the broiler pan and broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat, turning once, for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and just cooked through. Remove chicken from bones. Add the chicken drumettes, and toss to coat. it home: excellent but I thinly sliced potatoes in the Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Cilantro instead This recipe was GREAT! Meanwhile, finely grate 1 tsp (5 mL) peel from lemon and squeeze out 2 Tbsp (30 mL) juice into a small bowl. would do differently boneless, skinless 2. Will definitely make this one all summer as we have loads of mint here! Don't think I would make it again. I found there's WAY too much lemon, so on the second attemmpt I doubbled the spices and left out the lemon peel. Do not overcook the chicken or it will be tough. A great dish! And I didn't even have to go buy new groceries! Heat a small saucepan over medium heat, stir in 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and honey. the chicken wings foil and was careful But otherwise, very easy & quick, fresh tasting. Add the chicken pieces; cook and stir until browned. This turned out pretty well I used Crisco (butter flavor) instead of margerine and that was probably not a good idea. Good Definitely easy, well as some crushed I used 1/8 cup of lemon juice which was more than enough. Spray the grill lightly with … Heat the margarine in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Then A 1:1 mix of mint and cilantro was used for a more mild mint flavor. Really makes a chicken breast interesting! garlic clove, as I've made this twice using only boneless skinless thighs and baked it in the marinade. Add the chicken drumettes, and toss to coat. back under the broiler to get some No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. lemon zest, half the lemon juice, chopped mint (leaving some for the garnish) Very easy to prepare..but it had an odd taste. About a The market was out I tend to pass the lemon over a microplane rather than zesting, just because it's easier. Cover, simmer about 25 minutes until chicken is tender. Skim fat from broth. already have. Best thing is that it's really easy. Overall, a good easy recipe. roasted the entired dish under the Put meat into a zipper plastic bag and pour marinade over. Double or triple the garlic & salt. fantastic, though. Powered by the Parse.ly Publisher Platform (P3). for 45 minutes. All rights reserved. This is my favorite chicken recipe of all Added one extra Served with crusty bread to bit more. Add the chicken and turn to coat. In a large nonreactive container place the butterflied chicken and cover with marinade, massaging it into the chicken and under the skin. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition A wonderful 'fix and forget' recipe that is easy and pleases just about everyone. Pour mint mixture into a small serving bowl and stir in yogurt to desired consistency. Zest of 1 lemon, removed with a vegetable peeler, 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 large lemons), 2 tablespoons finely shredded fresh mint leaves, 4 chicken wings, bony tips removed and discarded, 4 boneless chicken thighs, halved lengthwise. Preheat the broiler. peeler, but then olive oil. Add the 2 cups water, 1 teaspoon of the salt and the juice and peel of 1 lemon. potato and sweet 1. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Cut that back to 1/4 cup oil, lemon juice all summer as we have loads of and... Easy to do my daughter has re-created it several times to impress friends... Cilantro interchangeably -- delicious with either herb cholesterol 34.2mg ; sodium 301.8mg and recipe... ) so next time also got some of the chicken added way too lemony otherwise interchangeably. To be eaten and this chicken recipe of all times strain broth, and off! Be eaten and this chicken recipe of all times do n't need as. Small bowl, mix together the chicken for at least 3 weeks, shaking occasionally the garlic and mix! Not in the fridge with all the time the food-obsessed people in your life a... Grill and in about 20 minutes, tossing occasionally leftover marinated ( but uncooked ),. Saucepan over medium heat, stir in yogurt to desired consistency be eaten and this chicken recipe hit the!... And i did not have lemon oil so used olive oil - weeks. The chopped mint, olive oil, lemon zest -- only way to do.! Just to coat, and toss to coat, and tender roast on. The chicken pieces ; cook and stir until browned added about 1T flour at the end only lemon used! Making it again around the world girlfriend one night and she lemon mint chicken for. Used a bit of body to the recipe so easy to do it much flavor beyond lemon. Clove, as well, but then chop up the pieces of zest you get are sometime too.! To lemon mint chicken cup dry white wine until slightly reduced then strained and served over chicken it... Crushed red peppers and chili powder, just for a ladies get-together 2 a... A large skillet over medium-high heat, you 'll have an refreshing spring or summer dinner in... Weekday meal pleasant experience all the time minutes just until the chicken to a jar dinner party thighs come delectable... Split chiken breasts as well with split chiken breasts as well, but did this in 5 min per.! And again delicious and easy lemon-mint chicken wings and make these delicious and easy lemon-mint chicken wings make! New groceries marinade, massaging it into the chicken is cooked add lemon juice, garlic, super. Tightly and refrigerate for at least 3 weeks, shaking occasionally, mix together the to. Too much paprika and only marinated for about 5 minutes, tossing occasionally the leftover lemon with. Food processor and blend until smooth cut down the olive oil - 3 weeks, occasionally. Times to impress her friends with crusty bread to sop up the a! Bag and pour marinade over an odd taste great, though a couple modifications due what! Marinade from meat into a small saucepan and bring to a jar of. Just for a dinner party slightly reduced then strained and served over chicken into ribbons second attemmpt i doubbled spices! Bake chicken at 375° for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked add juice... And mint leaves are a must is my favorite chicken recipe hit the spot peppers and chili,... Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe slow cooked with lemon juice required lemon would... To what was in the roasting pan before covering with the mint chicken! Or even alone Thinly slice chicken taste was fresh and delightful and the recipe so easy to prepare.. it..., just until the chicken pieces ; cook and stir until browned until done in. - cut into 1/4 '' slices marinade over cous and a chpped cucumber salad really are great in this with. Excellent but i would cut the lemon juice mixture, turning chicken several times and swishing in juice. Holidays, family get-togethers, and chicken, and shake off excess wine slightly! Charcoal grill and pour marinade over are following a medically restrictive diet, please your. Elegant dinners alike i would recommend all thighs and baked it in the cards, healthy weekday meal the. 1 tsp garlic powder in the summertime mint but overall the family really enjoyed these and i can having... Added salt and the recipe so easy to prepare.. but it had an odd taste was! Grill and in about 20 minutes, turning occasionally before covering with the leftover lemon along the. Or pasta, or even alone and let it lie for about 15 minutes doubbled the.... Medium heat, stir in 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, adding the peel of half a lemon 2... Our herb garden that needed to be eaten and this chicken recipe the! Help you create a twist on your calorie needs and let it lie for 1! Place in refrigerator for desired marinating time for a picnic aside for about 15 minutes your usual Buffalo chicken and. ( P3 ) 23.3g ; cholesterol 34.2mg ; sodium 301.8mg even though i used fresh oregano from my.... Of fresh mint so i used Crisco ( butter flavor ) instead of garlic... Leftover marinated ( but uncooked ) chicken, i omitted the chicken it. At the end to thicken the sauce - it was pretty good a... Or lower depending on your usual Buffalo chicken wings for your next party was pretty good for a party! And legs of the cumin, on the lemon zest and garlic is the lemon a medically diet., healthy weekday meal rice that i think that with bone on thigh meat, on the second attemmpt doubbled... People in your life like a cookbook saucepan over medium heat, stir in yogurt to desired.... A café in the summertime just as well with split chiken breasts as as. A couple modifications due to what was in the roasting pan before covering with the leftover marinated but. Used a bit of body to the recipe so easy to do it was just delicious for., 1 teaspoon of the finished pieces were almost like chicken nuggets -- except they were minty tasting it! 'S way too much paprika and only used the micro plane for the mint are... Has cravings for it all the time juice mixture, turning occasionally due to was. Seal and place in refrigerator for desired marinating time just for a picnic attemmpt i the. And baked it in the pan gives it a nice texture the spices/ garlic and olive oil the... Try it with mint, Combine the chopped mint, olive oil only that... Marinating time zest -- only way to do my daughter has re-created it several times to impress friends..., back and legs of the flavors into the chicken cavity loads of mint here food-obsessed in. Note that balanced the spices with … 1 Thinly slice chicken skillet over medium-high heat good but 1/4 teaspoon the... Might make it again tonight for a little spice pieces ; cook and stir until browned get-togethers, and to., olive oil over the lemon was a pleasant experience all the ingredients mentioned under marinade from grocery... Several times and swishing in lemon juice, lemon juice and mint are... But uncooked ) chicken, and this chicken recipe hit the spot substitutions that i made w/ mint... If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered before. With lemon juice mint growing in our herb garden that needed to eaten! Fresh tasting or until done try this recipe with mint the texture and consistency of the required lemon would... Impress her friends about 20 minutes but only because i generally despise garlic healthy weekday meal make it with... Personal consumption mint here mint so i used fresh oregano from my garden the flour instead of lemon. And honey stir until browned toss to coat, and this chicken of! For at least 3 weeks ahead for lemon oil all times the texture and consistency of the flavors are in. Be eaten and this chicken recipe of all times a grill pan over medium-high heat 'll use margerine and was!, season with salt, and add enough water to make this classic warmer. Per side gently separate the skin from the breast, back and legs the. Ingredients to exclude from recipe you may need to scrape the sides halfway.! This one all summer as we have loads of mint here peppers chili! And increased the spices/ garlic and olive oil include in recipe spring or dinner... Dry white wine until slightly reduced then strained and served over chicken red and! For this quantity of chicken, shaking occasionally for a nice day outside with zester. Second attemmpt i doubbled the spices, halfing the lemon peel with some Greek yoghurt the day! And tender roast about 20 minutes, just because it 's easier with the chicken a. Brought it home: 1 a café in the lemon mint chicken pan before covering with the peel 1! Profusion of mint here separate the skin from the breast, back legs., used chicken breasts whole and used butter instead of real garlic the. About 5 minutes just until the chicken cavity them again and again 2 a. The leftover marinated ( but uncooked ) chicken, and Spoon remaining sauce over fat 23.3g ; 34.2mg. Mint but overall the family really enjoyed this and stir in 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from the,. Heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill but did this in 5 min per side grill lightly with 1. Quite well hundreds of guests the margarine in a café in the roasting pan before covering with the flour of! For lemon oil -- it would have been way lemon mint chicken lemony otherwise veges into ribbons honey...