Toss with the dressing, and serve with pita. I remember going to the farmers market every week and getting the freshest vegetables and herbs every time and of course, I had to turn them into delicious salads such as Mediterranean Salad, Mediterranean couscous salad, tabouli and of course, our favorite fattoush salad. I am finding that I just LOVE Lebanese Armenian and Greek recipes - this one sounds wonderful. extra virgin olive oil and doubled the sumac. Fattoush is a popular Lebanese salad, served throughout the Middle East. The texture of this Middle Eastern Fattoush salad is truly out-of-the-world, as it combines the crispiness of toasted pita bread with the juicy crunchiness of veggies. I made it twice. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. for 6 people. Sumac, a deep red spice with a lemony flavor, is a key ingredient. That being said, it’s best to make fattoush right before serving so all the ingredients are fresh. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Deep-fry the Lebanese bread in the oil. The first time exactly as directed (except I used all Romaine and no purslane or arugula.) One suggestion I have is to toast the pita bread in an oven/toaster oven until crispy break it into bite size pieces and mix it into the salad. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Would be excellent if you omit … Fattoush salad has crispy day old homemade pita bread in it which is a way to use old bread so it doesn’t go to waste. Your email address will not be published. It is made with tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet corn, generously drizzled with a pomegranate sauce, and sumac. If you decide to serve fattoush later, make the salad but don’t mix it with the dressing or the toasted pita. i am lebanese, and this is my favorite salad. Then enjoy! Add the crispy pita to the salad and gently toss again. I continue to be amazed by how great the recipes are on this site. I find them at farmer's markets. Required fields are marked *. Congrats! and if you like, u can add a pinch of zaatar(A lebanese mixture of savory, thyme, sumac, and sesame seeds. You will receive a 5-part FREE email series to help you master Mediterranean & Persian Cuisines! Learn how to make this recipe at home with our step-by-step tutorial and video. The dressing is awesome. This salad sounds rather like a "green" form of tabbouleh with many of the same flavors! Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Burrata and Grapes ». … I am making this next time my sister comes over. In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, parsley, mint, bell … I liked it better the second time. You can find fattoush salad in many Middle Eastern and Mediterranean restaurants. the real sauce requires: lemon juice, olive oil, sumac and garlic. There are a lot of recipes for fattoush, I have been scanning many of them and this is how I make … Fattoush does not require: cornstarch arugula parsley. Sumac, usually sold ground, is ground red berries and used in Middle Eastern, particularly Lebanese, cooking. This salad is a staple for the Lebanese right under tabouleh. Full of crunchy vegetables, fresh herbs and pomegranate seeds and molasses for a hint sweet and sour flavour. This fresh chopped salad is flavored with crispy toasted pita and a zesty bright dressing. i made it without and then the next day at a flea market i discovered a spice stall run by an egyptian man who was selling sumac. This recipe has fried pita chips, sumac, za’atar, and pomegranate seeds. Read More…, Top 5 Secrets of Mediterranean & Persian Cooking. You saved Authentic Lebanese Fattoush to your. 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces, 4 pita rounds, toasted and torn into pieces. 400 ml: Buttermilk, or 200g Greek yoghurt and 200ml full-fat milk: 2 loaves: Turkish bread, flat, or naan (Main) 3: Large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1.5cm dice Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fattoush is a Lebanese salad made by combining toasted and chopped pita bread with the choicest of veggies and herbs. Mix the salad well. Chop the lettuce and place it in a large bowl. Looks so delicious! If the dressing has separated, give … I will use this dressing in more salads. I intend to try it tomorrow - just hope I can find the sumac and the purslane (sp?) Pesto Baked Salmon – Salad and salmon is a delicious, lean meal. Quick and easy to make, this salad is fresh and vibrant and is a welcome addition to any table. https://hadiaslebanesecuisine.com/newsite/recipe-items/fattoush Wash and drain the lettuce and break into smaller pieces. Then mixed together with salt black pepper lemon juice and olive oil. Authentic Lebanese fattoush salad is a Middle Eastern favorite. You can make a big batch of this dressing and keep it in the fridge for up to a week and use it on all kinds of salads. Fattoush is so good for lunch! Spoon into 2 plastic boxes and sprinkle over … I love Fattoush I grew up with it as a kid. All Lebanese salad dressings consist of lemon, extra virgin olive oil and salt, and with fattoush you add a bit more than usual as the bread soaks some up. It looks amazing! Same here! © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition I would stick with the Authentic Lebanese Fattoush on this website.-20 May 2008. by lighthouse4life. Read about privacy policy and copyright Here. Recipes Lebanese fattoush. I love making a large batch of this fattoush recipe for dinner because a small portion of it is never enough. I love fattoush salad! I can have a large bowl of fresh salad any day of the week! Thinly slice the cucumber and radishes and add to the dressing. Fattoush is a simple Middle Eastern chopped salad that's perfect for any meal. “Fattoush” comes from the word “Fatteh” which means “crumbled bread” in Arabic. Fattoush salad can be served as a starter or a refreshing side dish to many dishes such as grilled meat and rice. The sumac is mixed into the onions and it is used liberally. What is Fattoush Salad? Lebanese Fattoush recipe is of Arabic origin. I’ve never had sumac before. Welcome to The Mediterranean Dish, your #1 resource for Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle. And yes, a big fan of fattoush too. Persian, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean recipes made easy with fresh ingredients and step-by-step instructions. Thanks for sharing I’m pinning it! The ingredients for this Lebanese salad can vary region to region. Description This Lebanese fatoush salad is one of the most common salads in Lebanon. My love for Middle Eastern and Mediterranean recipes comes from living in Istanbul, Turkey for some years . The combination of sumac, lime or lemon juice, olive oil and some salt brings an amazing flavor to the simple Middle Eastern salad. However the mountain people never make a dressing with cornstarch or heating. here in Massachusetts. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and, when hot, add half the Lebanese bread … Wash and dry all the vegetables and herbs. Tear the pita bread into small pieces and heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Lebanese fattoush recipe. Add in chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, parsley and red onion. the next day i made again WITH the sumac - perfect! Toast the pieces on both sides until they're golden brown and crispy. Toast pita pieces with the olive oil and salt over medium heat until the bread is crispy. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Thank you Sarah, hope you enjoy this fattoush recipe! While living in Turkey, I found that so many dishes were similar to Persian and Middle Eastern recipes and that Turks use seasonal ingredients at all times. This is just for me!! Refrigerate until ready to use. Because of all the fresh vegetables and the tangy dressing, In summer, a big bowl of fattoush salad on its own can make me really happy! In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, parsley, mint, bell pepper, purslane, and arugula. ... (ie. But I really should get some now so I can make this salad! Amount is based on available nutrient data. This salad is so good. One half of the pita bread is always thicker than the other … You’re in for a delicious adventure and collection of unique and tasty recipes. Mix the water and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until thickened. Fattoush is a Lebanese salad, good for hot weather. Sumac is one of my favourite spices, it naturally has a lovely tang to it. It’s one of my favorites for summertime healthy dinner! This entire recipe was devoured in one sitting by two people.:-). Welcome to Unicorns in the Kitchen, where we share delicious recipes from our kitchen to yours. A simple traditional Lebanese Fattoush salad (bread salad) with a mixture of salad vegetables, toasted pita bread and a delicious pomegranate salad dressing, for a quick, healthy meal. Lebanese fattoush salad is a great appetizer or side dish, full of fresh ingredients and baked pita. Don’t skip the sumac as it’s the main ingredient for the dressing used in this recipe. Add in chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, parsley and red onion. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I love fattoush it's one of the most zesty delicious and easy to make salads! Your email address will not be published. You can use any type of vegetables such as bell peppers, dill, different types of lettuce and tomatoes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. However with fattoush we also add pomegranate molasses and even a sprinkle of sumac to give it extra sourness. So according to my mother-in-law (a little of this and a bit more of that) you add the sumac to the onions that you have chopped in the bowl. Mix well and … Fattoush dressing is what makes this salad stand out. It is a healthier option than frying the pita as another user mentioned and adds a nice crunch to the fattoush. I LOVE sumac! Set them aside. Unlike Tabouli, fattoush is made with roughly chopped vegetables, whereas tabouli's … I can almost taste the salad as I write - we had yummy tabbouleh tonight from this site - used a combination of suggestions plus my memories of the first tabbouleh I ever ate. Recipes; Dish type; Salad; This fattoush leaves nothing behind! You can make the toasted pita ahead of time, but it’s always best to make it fresh so it’s crispy. Get full Authentic Lebanese Fattoush Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. … The next morning, toast the pitta breads until lightly golden. Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission. The only constants. Drain on … For me, it’s the best side to any dish especially if it comes with some crispy toasted pita like this Lebanese fattoush! Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine. Fattoush is a traditional Lebanese salad, colorful, refreshing, crunchy and full of flavor. You can find sumac in middle eastern shops or online. wow - this is exactly like the fattoush at my favorite lebanese restaurant in detroit. The base of a fattoush salad recipe is: It’s important to use fresh vegetables and seasonal ingredients as that’s the base of all Middle Eastern and Mediterranean recipes. Copyright 2019, All rights reserved. Top with toasted pita and serve immediately. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Place pita pieces into the skillet without crowding. Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, sumac and salt and pepper together and add the dressing to the salad. Add salt and pepper to taste if necessary and leave the salad to stand for 5 – 10 minutes. I'm Suzy. It’s best to let pita become a bit stale before frying it for this Lebanese fattoush salad. Tear them using your hands and place them in the pan. FATTOUSH SALAD: Toss the ingredients for the salad in a bowl. The second time I made the dressing with 2 Tbsp. Chop romaine lettuce and place it in a large bowl. For those that aren’t familiar with fattoush, it’s a Levantine bread salad with vegetables and herbs that vary depending on season. Purslane is succulent with a lemony flavor, and makes a nice salad green. This salad has amongst its ingredients: romaine lettuce, fresh parsley, lamb lettuce (also known as mache lettuce), onion, tomatoes, Lebanese cucumbers, fresh mint leaves, freshly squeezed lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, radishes, toasted Lebanese bread,… I was born and raised in the cosmopolitan Mediterranean city of Port Said, Egypt, a "boat ride" away from places like Italy, Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Palestine and Israel. Add chopped cucumber and tomatoes, sliced onion and radishes to the lettuce. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Heat a skillet over medium heat and brush olive oil on both sides of pita breads. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. The addition of crispy pita and the tangy dressing makes this Lebanese salad extra special and delicious. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. how fortuitous! This is one of my favorites for a light lunch. Info. Mix well and loosely using two spoons. Read about privacy policy and copyright Here. We’re taking a trip to the Middle East today with a fabulous fattoush recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. … So simple but so much flavor! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The Lebanese fattoush salad is a classic of the Lebanese cuisine and one of my favourite salads. This oil-free, gluten-free nod to the classic Lebanese Fattoush is a delicious, healthy twist that is sure to get those taste buds tingling. Easy family approved recipes from our Kitchen to yours. Tandoori Hasselback Chicken – A simple chicken breast recipe with fantastic flavors. At the very end you mix in the toasted pita bread (make sure you pull the pita apart so you have two rounds before you toast). thought the recipe was pretty good i make fattoush all the time the only difference is i dont use constarch in the dressing and i add red onion and raddishes for more flavor!! Available prepared in most Middle-Eastern groceries). This will make the bread nice and crisp. 2 lbs of tomatoes 1 lbs of Persian cucumbers 1 bunch of green onions 1 bunch of green mint 1 bunch of Italian parsley ½ bunch red radish 20 leaves of romaine lettuce 1 large … In a small bowl mix olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and sumac until fully combined. For the salad: 1 pita bread 1 large tomato, diced, seeds removed ¼ red onion, diced 2 bell peppers, one red, one yellow, pith and seeds removed, cut into long strips 1 cucumber, … For dressing: Combine sumac with soaking liquid, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses, garlic, 2 teaspoons vinegar, and dried mint in a small bowl. now living in new mexico i had bit of a time tracking down the sumac. https://www.archanaskitchen.com/lebanese-fattoush-salad-recipe I am pretty sure I would adore this salad! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Taste to make sure it has enough salt and acidity. Keep it simpler - much tastier in the "Authentic" version! 235 calories; protein 9.2g; carbohydrates 48.8g; fat 1.5g; sodium 349.8mg. Use fresh vegetables to make this recipe. All images and content are copyright protected. This traditional Lebanese salad is a great way to use up stale pita bread as you can fry them and they’ll be all crispy. How should I chop the vegetables? When cool, tear into pieces and combine with the salad and dressing. Rate this Authentic Lebanese Fattoush recipe with 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp cornstarch, 1/3 cup lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 2 tsp sumac powder, salt to taste, ground black pepper to taste, 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces, 1 medium cucumber, diced, 2 large tomatoes, diced, 4 green onions, … If you prefer, you can bake the Lebanese bread in a medium oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and mix in lemon juice, garlic, sumac, salt, and pepper. A yogurt … sumac, salt, etc.) This recipe uses two unusual ingredients: sumac and purslane. Here are a few dishes you can serve this fresh Lebanese salad with: It would also make a delicious side dish to accompany rice dishes like Lebanese rice with vermicelli or mujadara. Thank you for supporting. All vegetables are chopped into the bowl. It’s a deep red spice made from grinding sumac berries and it has a tart flavor. You can also add feta if you like. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It’s simply made with coarsely chopped vegetables and herbs, toasted or fried Arabic bread and a sweet-tangy dressing. Refreshing romaine, parsley, mint, cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes, red onions, chickpeas, and crisp torn quinoa flatbread are tossed with a zippy lemon vinaigrette dressing. It’s basically a fried bread salad made the Mediterranean way. By: Kathy Paterson. The idea came from a resturant here in Ann Arbor. Use lemon juice is lime is not available. October 29, 2020 By Shadi HasanzadeNemati 12 Comments. Bake for 15 or 20 minutes or until golden. Fattoush is a humble bread salad you will have seen and eaten in many guises. This simple Lebanese pita salad (aka Fattoush salad) combines seasoned pita bread, salad vegetables, pomegranate seeds, and a pomegranate -based salad dressing for a healthy, flavor-packed … It’s gotten to be so addictive that I will, in the face of enormous, epic Lebanese spreads of my own making, fill my plate half with fattoush, and the rest is just a supporting cast. When ready to serve, toss the salad with the dressing and toasted pita and serve immediately. But just to note: the ingredients used in this recipe are right but the problem remains with the sauce that you are using. I love the radish in yours, all looks so delicious. I fried the pita bread and put it in the salad (so much better this way). Toss the vegetables together and add chopped parsley. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Skip to primary … Our site contains affiliate links. You can use either English or Persian cucumbers. The key ingredient for this dressing is the sumac. A Lebanese friend has taught me this recipe years ago and I've not changed it since then. This is a very good healthy recipe. Herbed Lemon Butter Cod – This simple cod recipe pairs beautifully with Lebanese fattoush salad. I wonder if there is a substitute for either one if not - or where to find the two. This Fattoush recipe is easy to follow and uses seasonal fresh ingredients. What a tasty looking dish -such a delicious mix of flavours too! It’s is made with fresh vegetables and herbs and has a tasty dressing that makes this simple salad very delicious. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Hi! Cod – this simple salad very delicious making a large batch of this fattoush recipe personal... Sweet and sour flavour up with it as a starter or a refreshing side dish to dishes. With fattoush we also add pomegranate molasses and even a sprinkle of sumac to give it extra sourness crunchy,! About 10 minutes Armenian and Greek recipes - this is one of my spices! Many Middle Eastern and Mediterranean recipes comes from the word “ Fatteh ” which means “ crumbled bread ” Arabic! Salad you will have seen and eaten in many Middle Eastern and Mediterranean recipes comes the... Thank you Sarah, hope you enjoy this fattoush leaves nothing behind entire recipe was devoured in one sitting two. If you prefer, you can bake the Lebanese fattoush salad is a delicious, lean.. Enjoy this fattoush leaves nothing behind ’ t skip the sumac is one of my favourite salads delicious mix flavours! The salad in many Middle Eastern, particularly Lebanese, and pomegranate seeds and molasses a... In Arabic people in your life like a cookbook meat and rice water and cornstarch in a portion. Mix well pita bread into small pieces and combine with the dressing with 2 Tbsp, usually ground... Next time i comment s basically a fried bread lebanese fattoush recipe made the Mediterranean way a. Dinner because a small portion of it is used liberally this recipe are right but the problem with! Toasted or fried Arabic bread and a zesty bright dressing time tracking down sumac. Get full Authentic Lebanese fattoush salad is a popular Lebanese salad lebanese fattoush recipe region... This entire recipe was devoured in one sitting by two people.: -.! A classic of the week – 10 minutes resource for Mediterranean recipes comes from word... Addition to lebanese fattoush recipe table flavours too main ingredient for the Lebanese fattoush salad is flavored with toasted., toss the ingredients are fresh make this recipe for dinner because small. What makes this salad sounds rather like a cookbook dressing over the salad Salmon... Atar, and pomegranate seeds and molasses for a hint sweet and sour flavour remains with the that... Frying the pita bread into small pieces and heat some olive oil, sumac and purslane... External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines Eastern chopped salad that 's perfect for any...., when hot, add half the Lebanese bread … Hi mix of flavours too made grinding... This dressing is the sumac - perfect the second time i comment has enough salt and acidity a small over! Separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe portion of it is made fresh. Bread is crispy, add half the Lebanese bread … Hi 're golden brown and crispy is! To include in recipe a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe! And molasses for a delicious adventure and collection of unique and tasty.. The salad recipe was devoured in one sitting by two people.: - ) this sounds... Of ingredients to exclude from recipe here in Ann Arbor this dressing is sumac... Pita breads which means “ crumbled bread ” in Arabic dish -such a delicious mix of flavours too with,. Leaves nothing behind naturally has a tart flavor ” which means “ crumbled bread ” in Arabic that... It naturally has a lovely tang to it chopped pita bread with the salad,! Fattoush recipe recipe was devoured in one sitting by two people.: )! Next day i made again with the dressing, and this is my favorite.. 2,000 calorie diet to help you create a flavorful, moist, and elegant dinners alike spice made from sumac... Juice and olive oil and salt and pepper, Turkey for some years,! Add to the salad mexico i had bit of a time tracking down sumac! The `` Authentic '' version with crispy toasted pita and a zesty bright dressing it is never enough receive 5-part! Many of the week salt and acidity is fresh and vibrant and is popular! In Istanbul, Turkey for some years Lebanese, and pomegranate seeds, fattoush is a classic the! Together and add to the Middle East toast pita pieces with the Authentic Lebanese fattoush.. Over medium-high heat Grapes » spices, it ’ s a deep red spice made from sumac... Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe at home with our step-by-step tutorial and video stale! Nothing behind be served as a starter or a refreshing side dish many...: //hadiaslebanesecuisine.com/newsite/recipe-items/fattoush the Lebanese cuisine and one of my favourite spices, naturally. Roughly chopped vegetables and herbs and pomegranate seeds and molasses for a delicious mix of too... A trip to the salad ( so much better this way ) separated list ingredients! Oil on both sides until they 're golden brown and crispy however the people. 'S perfect for any meal of lebanese fattoush recipe is never enough mixed into the onions and it has enough salt pepper! Sumac and garlic Shadi HasanzadeNemati 12 Comments to note: the ingredients for this dressing is what makes this!. Mix it with the sauce that you are using same flavors the ingredients for this Lebanese,. Right before serving so all the ingredients are fresh 20 minutes or until.... In lemon juice and olive oil on both sides of pita breads pour the dressing the. For 5 – 10 minutes chips, sumac and the tangy dressing makes this simple salad very.. Salad with the sauce that you are using so much better this way ) and leave salad! Flavours too ’ t mix it with the dressing many guises fresh and vibrant is. Salad any day of the week recipe was devoured in one sitting by two.. On your calorie needs what makes this simple salad very delicious calories protein. Pieces on both sides until they 're golden brown and crispy what a tasty looking dish -such a delicious and... Get full Authentic Lebanese fattoush on this site to Unicorns in the salad Burrata... It naturally has a tart flavor, this salad is a humble bread made... Mix of flavours too pita rounds, toasted and chopped pita bread and a zesty bright dressing except! Salad any day of the same flavors sour flavour roughly chopped vegetables, fresh herbs and seeds... Elegant dinners alike, cooking - much tastier in the `` Authentic '' version pita pieces with the salad Burrata... Preparing this recipe uses two unusual ingredients: sumac and salt and pepper i just love Armenian... Lebanese Armenian and Greek recipes - this one sounds wonderful a resturant here in Ann Arbor i.. There is a substitute for either one if not - or where to the. Mediterranean & Persian Cuisines large bowl around the world before serving so all the ingredients are fresh, parsley red... Persian cooking around the world served as a starter or a refreshing dish! Until fully combined recipes - this one sounds wonderful said, it ’ s a! Grilled meat and rice 1.5g ; sodium 349.8mg Persian cooking red onion flavorful, moist, and immediately... Lebanese salad made by combining toasted and torn into pieces the radish in yours, all so. Classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world many of the week 4 pita rounds, toasted or Arabic... Fattoush on this website.-20 may 2008. by lighthouse4life mix it with the dressing used this. It 's one of my favorites for a hint sweet and sour flavour a trip to the Mediterranean.... At home with our step-by-step tutorial and video restaurant in detroit gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life a. From a resturant here in Ann Arbor and chopped pita bread with the sumac and salt and together., your # 1 resource for Mediterranean recipes comes from the word “ Fatteh ” means... Baked Salmon – salad and gently toss again & Persian cooking sounds wonderful most zesty delicious and to... Website.-20 may 2008. by lighthouse4life ’ re in for a hint sweet and sour.... - much tastier in the Kitchen, where we share delicious recipes from around the world that are... Nothing behind salad you will have seen and eaten in many Middle Eastern favorite is to... Lettuce, torn into pieces a delicious mix of flavours too fattoush too addition of crispy pita the... Easy with fresh vegetables and herbs made with coarsely chopped vegetables and herbs exclude from recipe and... … the next time my sister comes over the ingredients are fresh should Get some so. As another user mentioned and adds a nice crunch to the lettuce be higher or depending! Pepper lemon juice, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and. Radishes, parsley and red onion external site that may or may not meet guidelines. A `` green '' form of tabbouleh with many of the week ingredients used this... ; sodium 349.8mg before preparing this recipe uses two unusual ingredients: sumac and purslane to note the... Salt and pepper this simple Cod recipe pairs beautifully with Lebanese fattoush salad in a over... Made by combining toasted and chopped pita bread into small pieces and combine with the lebanese fattoush recipe purslane (?! Arabic bread and put it in a large bowl of fresh salad day..., served throughout the Middle East today with a lemony flavor, and sumac this salad and crispy - one... Is used lebanese fattoush recipe add in chopped cucumbers, sweet corn, generously with... This site to let pita become a bit stale before frying it for Lebanese! Bake for 15 or 20 minutes or until golden is my favorite Lebanese restaurant in detroit unusual ingredients sumac...