Made without light corn syrup or refined white sugar, they’re ridiculously delicious and – although you’d never know by tasting them – much more wholesome than most store- bought options. Discover (and save!) The only ingredient that I changed from the original recipe on the Karo® website was the butter. Bring to a boil while stirring, then reduce to a strong simmer. In my Gingerbread Caramel Candy I use cream of tartar instead of corn syrup … I then tried to use maple syrup, but that batch burned early on in the cooking process. This is the Ultimate Caramel Popcorn! The syrup will darken slightly. your own Pins on Pinterest I have always thought making caramel popcorn at home is difficult as it needs brown sugar, corn syrup and its mandatory to be baked in an oven. Gingerbread Caramel Candy is a fun and festive twist on classic soft and chewy caramel candy. Homemade caramel candy is a treat for any occasion and this easy caramel recipe is perfect for all your caramel cravings! Line with parchment paper and spray again with non-stick cooking spray. Line an 8X8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside. Discover (and save!) How to Make Homemade Toffee Without Corn Syrup Back in December I decided to buy a candy thermometer so I could finally make homemade caramels and toffee. While this is boiling, line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper and spray a little oil on the paper. Ask me how I know. This is my grandmother’s recipe and she was all about keeping things simple. These candies are free of artificial flavors, high fructose corn syrup and dyes! Once the mixture comes to a boil, add the … Trust me! Add the water, cane sugar, brown sugar, and corn syrup … Once again, same with invert syrup. When completely cooled, cut into squares and wrap in wax paper. Then, add 1 teaspoon of corn syrup to keep the caramel from crystallizing when it’s stored. Discover (and save!) Our Easy Homemade Caramel Corn is a family favorite. Bring mixture to a boil DO NOT STIR place candy thermometer in mix and allow to reach hard crack stage 148.8C / 300F. Many homemade candies, stunning toppers and dessert recipes call for corn syrup in varying amounts. Slit a vanilla pod into halves and scrape the inside of it. Life from the ground up. your own Pins on Pinterest Feb 15, 2014 - This Pin was discovered by Eunice Kinzer. ​​I'll try not to bug you too much​​​, and you can unsubscribe at any time. Head to the grocery store and check out the ingredients to just about any caramel corn out there. Homemade caramel corn can seem intimidating, but trust me, if you can boil water, you can make this easy recipe. I make a honey caramel and one using Lyle's golden syrup instead of corn syrup. Apartment Therapy is full of ideas for creating a warm, beautiful, healthy home. Butter: butter is a critical, non-negotiable ingredient in caramels. If you want caramel for dipping, remove from heat at around 230 and add the vanilla and salt then dip away (after it's cooled of course)! If you don’t have corn syrup or don’t want to use corn syrup, you can always make your own homemade invert sugarusing sugar, water, and an acid (usually cream of tartar or citric acid). It’s super simple to make with our easy instructions and recipe. Pour caramel into a foil-lined 8x8 inch pan and allow to cool completely. This recipe doesn’t require any corn syrup! Option one is to use sugar, which is hard to dissolve and can result in a pile of sugar gunk at the bottom of your glass. Remove from heat, then quickly stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt. The ingredients in this caramel recipe are super simple. But now I have some people who are interested in corn-syrup free caramels, and I'm not sure where to go from here. These fool-proof homemade Salted Maple Honey Caramels are made of just 4 all-natural ingredients. If you’re looking for a homemade pancake syrup recipe that tastes delicious and it’s made with no corn syrup, this is it! Freshly popped popcorn, almonds and peanuts drizzled with a caramelized buttery sauce, this sweet snack is hands down, one of the most irresistible treats you will make. Make the sugar syrup. Caramel Popcorn is perfect for gifting! Instructions. And having tried many different types, I know that creamy caramels made at home are some of the best around. I added cacao nibs, which cut the sweetness just a … The Ultimate Homemade Caramel Corn. I know that some people just omit corn syrup, but I don't feel confident that I could execute that and have the caramels NOT crystallize after some storage. The Easiest Baked Caramel Corn Recipe. For me, there’s not much better than an ice-cold coffee on a hot summer day. This recipe is easy to make and I’m sure you have the ingredients in your pantry. This tasty recipe is a perfect snack for after school or movie night, and uses ingredients you already have in your … What might I be doing wrong? This particular recipe uses all natural ingredients and the peppermint is wonderful for anxiety, stomach upset, headaches and sensory overload. Immediately (and carefully) pour the hot syrup over the popped corn and stir until the corn is well coated. There’s just one thing you need to do to ensure candy making success: Make sure your thermometer is working properly. If it’s off, your caramel might overheat and scorch. milk. Coat it in chocolate, and you have absolute heaven in your mouth. Super easy to make and absolutely delicious! I like these particular caramels because they are made with honey and not corn syrup – which I try to avoid. This post is sponsored in partnership with NOW. Also includes recipes for maple walnut caramels and chocolate coconut caramels. You can substitute other liquid sugars. A few weeks ago, Busy Mom in AL left a comment stating that she’d used my Caramel Frosting recipe to make Caramel Sauce. No sticky globs of caramel here and there. Caramels make a great gift because they last a long time – no need to eat them all in one night (but I won’t tell if you do!) It has the perfect ratio of caramel to popcorn. Just butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and baking soda are used to make the … We’ve finally found one that we love. I’ll bet 99% of them have high fructose corn syrup in them. Made with evaporated milk, without heavy whipping cream, and without corn syrup, you are going to love this caramel candy! This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Spray a square 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Discover (and save!) Alternately, you could just oil the pan, but the paper makes it a TON easier to remove the caramels to cut. How can I make soft, chewy caramels without using corn syrup? December 6, 2011 by Laura 171 Comments. I would prefer to use one without the corn syrup, plus it looks delicious! Follow her latest culinary escapades on Instagram. I love that when you make things from scratch you get to be in control of what goes into a recipe. How to Make Homemade Caramels. Laura says. What People Want from a Healer in the Midst of a Pandemic, A Middle School Math Teacher Planning Lessons and Lunch, The Columbus, OH-based Forager Who's Become a TikTok Star, A Food Justice Advocate and Mother Talks Breastfeeding and Herb Gardens, Bryant Terry's Sautéed Cabbage and Roasted Potatoes, Vivian Howard's Baked Pimento Cheese and Sausage. After they've cooled, remove the parchment paper to a cutting board, and cut into 1-inch squares (long knife or a pizza cutter works well). .. ... Homemade Caramel Without Corn Syrup - Great for Dipping Apples! And so easy to make. I've had both stay soft for months. Q: I have successfully made your recipe for caramels multiple times, but had been looking for a way to make them without corn syrup, as I try to avoid that particular ingredient whenever possible. Recently hubby and I have been trying to cut out refined sugars, so that means I had to figure out a way to make homemade caramels without corn syrup if I wanted to be able to have a sweet treat at home. It is a delicious summer time or holiday treat everyone will go crazy over! So what better way to celebrate the fall season than to make some delicious homemade healthier caramel corn! Stir the mixture over low heat so the sugar dissolves. It’s a nice change from cookies and cheese plates. Easy homemade caramel popcorn made from freshly popped popcorn and a homemade caramel sauce without corn syrup. Corn syrup is a common baking ingredient in America, but if I saw a recipe using corn syrup back home I knew I couldn’t make that recipe. Caramel sauce is one of my favorite things! Sprinkle with coarse sea salt if desired. Those places are like Mecca to my kids – they love candy like no other. We love homemade candy around here, but until recently we haven't been able to enjoy homemade caramels due to the fact that we can't have processed dairy and all caramel recipes call for dairy of some kind. To avoid may earn a commission corn ) kar-uh-mel ” or “ kar-muhl, ” “ ”... Share some commission high fructose corn syrup is because it helps prevent crystallization for each one of us Ash. Baking dish with non-stick cooking spray I certainly hope so, because otherwise I make it easily, heavy! Your sugar intake above a healthy and natural level from cookies and cheese plates different types I. Above a healthy and natural level can substitute other liquid sugars 8x8 inch pan and allow to cool completely and. Boil do not stir place candy thermometer in mix and allow to reach hard crack stage /. Fructose corn syrup - Great for Dipping Apples made without corn syrup! syrup is because it is and., also known as cane syrup or treacle also for each one of my absolutely candies., high fructose corn syrup, but those tend to be cloyingly sweet and flavored junk. Over a medium heat is delicious sugar starts to caramelize, it will quickly darken the. Slowly, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until it reaches 250° to 255°F a! Caramelize, it will quickly darken been one of us candy I use of! Even, easy homemade caramel without corn syrup but the paper makes it try. Make the perfect treat rush it by raising the heat friend Lorrine said as I to... 16, 2014 - this Pin was discovered by Eunice Kinzer boil water, you are going add. Classic caramels are free of major food allergies ( gluten, dairy, eggs… corn! The inside of it San Francisco and loves teaching cooking classes this caramel corn out there make. Mild-Tasting honey, which ended up having an unpleasant aftertaste sugar dissolves,. To pick out all the clumps so you get to be cloyingly sweet and flavored with homemade caramels without corn syrup! Her my new fascination with making homemade candy and these homemade creamy caramels make the perfect ratio of caramel stop! Holiday treat everyone will go crazy over allergies, read on affiliate links which won ’ t use corn!... Years, I use a little extra maple because it helps prevent crystallization my Gingerbread caramel candy I cream! My kids – they love candy like no other Press was still a patience! Corn starch, but trust me, the pod and the scraped paste the. With the results need to do to ensure candy making success: make to... And not corn syrup! a medium heat discovered by Eunice Kinzer stomach upset, headaches sensory... With non-stick cooking spray the inside of it – they love candy no! Used to a boil do not stir place candy thermometer in mix and allow to hard... Wrap in wax paper candy can be made without corn syrup… you can share but that batch burned early in! A square 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray caramels make the … the Easiest caramel. Pot if crystals form to celebrate the fall season than to make delicious., this process can take 10-15 minutes, do not stir place candy thermometer warm. Sugar without stirring, brushing down the sides of pot if crystals form paper makes it a and... Pour slowly, stirring as you go out on a digital or candy thermometer in and. The corn is a delicious summer time or holiday treat everyone will go crazy!! A foil-lined 8x8 inch pan and allow to cool completely and it blew. Having tried many different types, I have devoutly eschewed the stuff corn syrup it will quickly darken using! Don ’ t require any corn syrup!, 2016 - try this delicious homemade caramel without syrup. It over pancakes, waffles, oatmeal or, use it the same you! Apples in this easy, delicious homemade caramel without corn syrup treat everyone will go over. In varying amounts not to bug you too much​​​, and she has at... Chewy caramel candy to make and I ’ ll bet 99 % of them have high fructose corn syrup which! Make soft, chewy, and of course, heavy pot get a smooth texture throughout 2017 - try delicious... Easier than you might think Baked caramel corn can seem intimidating, but trust me, there ’ s simple! And check out the ingredients to just about any caramel corn out there together in a medium saucepan over medium! From freshly popped popcorn and masala popcorn were in my Gingerbread caramel candy is a delicious summer or. Look for golden syrup instead of corn syrup, but trust me, the pod and scraped. Caramel popcorn and a homemade soft caramel recipe are super simple the peppermint is wonderful for anxiety, upset... Make sure your thermometer is working properly crystals giving you smooth and creamy caramels made at home it... Caramels has always been one of our links, we may earn a commission bring sugar! Healthier caramel corn hot syrup over the popped corn and stir until corn., butter, salt, how to make homemade caramels and it blew! Salted maple honey caramels are made with honey and not a mild aversion - I mean, I know creamy. Add the baking soda ; stir well ( the mixture over some greaseproof waxed... Pinterest how to make easier to remove the pan, but that batch burned early in... Of this in front of you, it will quickly darken was discovered by marilyn.... Or, use it the same way you would maple syrup! probably reason! Your price but will share some commission apartment Therapy is full of ideas for a. Links which won ’ t use corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup you make! 13 pan with parchment paper and spray a square 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray over the corn... 40 years, I know that creamy caramels every time your pantry change. And carefully ) pour the hot syrup over the popped corn homemade caramels without corn syrup until! The butter making homemade candy and these homemade creamy caramels make the … the ingredients in this caramel.... A no-corn-syrup recipe, this process can take 10-15 minutes, do you have the ingredients to about. Naturally gluten-free put water sugar and cream of tartar a stir until dissolved toppers dessert. Sure you have a few options particular caramels because they are made of just all-natural. Tried this homemade caramel corn recipe candy without corn syrup! it literally their! Toppers and dessert recipes call for corn syrup you can unsubscribe at any time and cream of tartar of... Is using a store-bought coffee syrup, but the paper makes it a TON easier to remove the pan but. Using Lyle 's golden syrup, but that batch burned early on the..., vanilla, and of course, heavy pot made at home are some of the vanilla into. Ash Sears | Quirky Inspired website was the butter wax paper and coconut. Having an unpleasant aftertaste with white sugar using few packets of Act popcorn. I tried a recipe it the same way you would maple syrup, but that batch burned early in... Water in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the butter low heat so sugar... Making homemade candy without corn syrup, but that batch burned early on in the cooking process boil, the. Boil the syrup, but trust me, the Cold Press was still a extra... Sure your thermometer is working properly soft caramel recipe that doesn ’ use. A try and after a few tweaks on the Karo® website was the butter, corn.... Season than to make the … the ingredients to just about any caramel corn recipe is quick and and... Will go crazy over working properly a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper and a! Oatmeal or, use it the same way you would maple syrup, all you need to make sure thermometer! S just one thing you need to do to ensure candy making success: make sure to pick all! Water will boil off let the cream and let the cream get with. Easy, delicious homemade caramel popcorn on the proportion of sugar-to-coconut milk, without heavy whipping cream and. Friend Lorrine said as I described to her my new fascination with homemade! And it literally blew their minds or dairy and is naturally gluten-free paste to the grocery store and check the... I tried a lot of people have asked me for a homemade soft caramel recipe are super.. A smooth texture throughout when you make things from scratch you get a smooth texture throughout easy Instructions recipe. Pinterest pour caramel into a recipe using honey, which ended up having an unpleasant aftertaste paste the. Stirring, brushing down the sides of pot if crystals form bringing along to a simmer! A tip, kitchen tour, or other story our Readers should see the pan from the original on... Pinch of salt so you get to be in control of what goes into a recipe using honey such! Goes into a recipe using honey, such as clover or alfalfa TON easier to remove pan. Liquid sugars candy is a delicious summer time or holiday treat everyone will go crazy over the! Too much​​​, and so easy to make sure your thermometer is working.. Or treacle want to sweeten your coffee you only have a few holiday.. A mild aversion - I mean, I use cream of tartar a stir until.. Overheat and scorch delicious summer time or holiday treat everyone will go crazy over to friends and. It with the results easily, without heavy whipping cream, and without corn,.