Nutrition Facts. I find the combo of peppery arugula and sweet, crunchy fennel so delightfully addictive and very refreshing. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes. In a small bowl, stir the olive oil with the honey and lemon juice. So fresh and citrusy. Whisk oil and vinegar in a … 119 calories; protein 2.6g; carbohydrates 29.4g; fat 0.3g; sodium 322mg. Layer with thinly slivered … Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2 g grams. Of course if you are a follower of my blog you know how much I love fennel as well. To serve, spoon dressing over individual servings. Whisk egg white in a small bowl until slightly foamy; whisk in sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Hold the orange over a bowl to catch juice; cut both sides of each segment away from the connective membrane and transfer to a separate bowl. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, … Info. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition 7% Saturated Fat 1.4 g grams. Serves 4 Place the thinly sliced fennel in a large bowl. Fennel is a very crunchy, fresh vegetable with a mild licorice flavor. Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start? Mortadella, Citrus, Fennel And Chicory Salad When sunshine is in short supply, citrus arrives to save us. A few of my favorite seasonal winter food items I indulge in are pomegranates, fennel, bitter greens (like radicchio and endive), and citrus. Place the lettuce in a large salad bowl an arrange the sliced fennel, avocado and grapefruit and orange segments on top. Arrange romaine, radicchio, orange sections, onion slices, and fennel slices on a large serving platter. Reserve the remaining citrus juice for another use. In a medium bowl, toss together the fennel, salt, orange zest, orange juice and cider vinegar. All Rights Reserved. … © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Cut downwards from the top, following the curve of the fruit, to remove all of the skin and pith. Trans Fat 0 g grams. For the pickled fennel: Quarter the fennel bulb and cut out the core. A slow cooker can can take your comfort food to the next level. Hold the orange over a bowl to catch juice… The grapefruit is amazing this year- so juicy and flavorful! Slice top and bottom off 1 orange and set on a flat work surface. Like this Pea Salad with Radishes, Ricotta and Mint, there's no lettuce in this salad. In a large salad bowl, add the lettuce, cucumber, fennel, pepper, radish, orange, onions and fronds. Food & Wine is part of the Meredith Corporation Allrecipes Food Group. This simple salad recipe uses thinly shaved fennel, lightly dressed with a citrus vinaigrette. Squeeze the membranes to extract the juice. This fennel citrus salad with orange vinaigrette is a recipe inspired by Maggie’s cookbook. Calories 201 % Daily Value * 15% Total Fat 9.5 g grams. Fennel is loaded with vitamin C, folate, and potassium, so when it’s … 2 fennel bulbs—halved, cored and thinly sliced on a mandolin, 2 tablespoons of chopped fronds reserved, Back to Fennel-and-Citrus Salad with Mint. Arrange fennel on a plate, add orange, grapefruit and toasted nuts. Orange Fennel Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette Orange and fennel – strong and distinct on their own, but when paired, the flavour explodes. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. One of the my new top favorite is the salad I am showing you today. rosemary in a small bowl. Credit: Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Add sesame seeds and toss to coat. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This salad mashes up two memorable dishes from different periods of my life. What I love about this fennel slaw is that it can be made ahead of time, then kept in the fridge for quick salad preparation during the week. Fennel Citrus Salad. At this point, the fennel is ready to use or it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. Serving Size: cup (182 g grams) Amount Per Serving. It features both orange and lemon, but it’s well balanced and is the perfect dressing to elevate the salad to a “next level” side dish. The juices from the fruit along with extra virgin olive oil make a terrific dressing. I enjoyed the first one back during my college years, when my friend Gigi and I visited a restaurant in Milan that specialized in southern Italian cuisine. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Cut downwards from the top, following the curve of the fruit, to remove all of the skin and pith. Toss until well combined. We must have spent two hours in that place stuffing our faces. Delicious baked or eaten raw, it can be prepared in a variety of ways. Grilled Octopus Fennel Citrus Salad. This Citrus Fennel Salad was a really nice detox after a weekend of binging on all sorts of junk food. We also love it on the side with pesto pasta, or if you're not vegan/vegetarian, fish or chicken. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/fennel-salad-with-citrus-dressing Cut citrus skin off with a sharp knife, do it so no white pith is left. Citrus basically dresses itself. Slideshow: Fantastic Fruit Salads. Garnish with fennel fronds (if desired) and serve. Grilled Octopus Fennel Citrus Salad. When the waiter brought us a simple salad of fennel, blood oranges, and vinaigrette, I waved my hand no. Step 1 Slice top and bottom off 1 orange and set on a flat work surface. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Add mint, vinegar, and salt; toss gently. Add 3 tablespoons of the citrus juice and season with salt. Grapefruit, Fennel and Avocado Salad with a Citrus Shallot Dressing- a simple, light and refreshing salad with bright zesty flavors. Rub … Slice grapefruit and orange. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients: Top it off with citrus salad dressing! For his light, simple salad, chef Matthew Accarrino of San Francisco’s SPQR mixes grapefruit and orange segments with shaved fennel and a sweet-tart honey-lemon dressing. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. In a blender or the bowl of a small food processor, blend together the oil, basil and 3 tablespoons of … This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. It lights up this refreshing salad anchored with salty slices of cured meat. The result is a visual and taste delight! Enjoy with a smile- spring is coming and you're eating healthy yummy food. You can serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors come together before serving. these days. Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, add the tahini, orange juice, … Look for different kinds of citrus at the farmers’ market and use everything from kumquats to grapefruits to oranges. Top with onion, fennel and rocket, scatter over capers, and season with salt and pepper. Calories from Fat 85. We’ve assembled a list of 50 of the world’s most reliable, inexpensive wines – bottles that offer amazing quality for their price year in and year out. Vegan! This fennel citrus salad makes a great … Top with 1 cup of pomegranate seeds and 3 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts. Step 3 Combine the reserved 1 teaspoon chopped fennel leaves, the vinegar, olive oil, the water, garlic, orange zest, sugar, salt, and pepper; whisk together until well mixed (see Tip). Everyone loved it. In a shallow serving bowl, toss the fennel and citrus sections with the dressing. Add the orange segments followed by the citrus vinaigrette and toss gently together. Congrats! Drizzle over some lemon juice, olive oil and a little pepper and some of the fennel fronds and that’s it. In a small bowl, stir the olive oil with the honey and lemon juice. As a pairing, SPQR co-owner and wine director Shelley Lindgren pours a lively white wine: an Assyrtiko from Greece’s island of Santorini. Garnish with the chopped fennel fronds, mint leaves and ground coriander and serve right away. Our 22 Best Crock Pot and Slow-Cooker Recipes. Marinated and roasted fennel is arranged on a bed of arugula with mandarin orange segments, pomegranate seeds, and pan-toasted pine nuts. It also can make this salad into a lighter meal on its own as opposed to a side. This Roasted Fennel and Citrus Salad recipe is easy to put together, yet fancy enough for the holidays. You'll love this classic combination when you let Orange Fennel Salad … Pour on you salad. Citrus is just absolutely … Quick delicious salad. Reserve the remaining citrus juice for another use. Instructions Combine oranges, lemon and lime in a bowl. Combine grated garlic, oil, red pepper flakes, grated zest, and 2 Tbsp. For a slightly heartier citrus salad, try this Roasted Beet, Citrus and Lentil Salad… Amount is based on available nutrient data. Top with the cooked shrimp and then toss the salad in the reserved … Dress the salad with … Peel and slice the orange and blood orange then lay all on a plate. You won’t find this recipe inside of it, but you will find a lot of other simple and stunning recipes like it. We get so spoiled with all the different citrus available. Top with toasted pine nuts or walnuts if desired. © Con Poulos. This citrus fennel avocado salad makes for a great appetizer with a crisp glass of dry white wine. You saved Citrus and Fennel Salad to your. Gently toss oranges, grapefruit, tangerine, fennel, and onion together. Sprinkle the fennel fronds across the top. In a jar mix all vinaigrette ingredients and shake well. Using a sharp knife, cut the skin and white pith from the grapefruits and oranges. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. I found a way to have both and its the most perfect fresh tasting salad I’ve had in a long time. With a blend of bright, juicy citrus fruits paired with salad greens, fresh mint, and crunchy fennel, this simple citrus salad is bursting with delicious flavor. Although we use Meyer lemons in the dressing, stay away from lemons and limes for slicing into the salad as they can be too tart. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Slice fennel on mandolin. Add 3 tablespoons of the citrus juice and season with salt. Transfer salad to a serving platter. Arrange the grapefruit, oranges, mozzarella, and fennel on a plate. Preheat oven to 350°. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Food and Wine presents a new network of food pros delivering the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online. I also aim to use up produce that is in season. Somehow they lift my spirit with their bright color and cheery aroma. Zesty Fennel Orange Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette Salad Ingredients: 3 organic blood oranges (or regular navel oranges), cut into thin slices with rind removed 1 organic bulb fennel, washed, dried and thinly sliced, bottom and green leaves removed and discarded 1 head organic Romaine or other leafy green lettuce. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. This gorgeous Winter Citrus Salad with a Poppy Seed Vinaigrette is a total show stopper of a side dish! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Working over a bowl, cut between the membranes to release the sections into the bowl. Mix the olive oil, balsamic, and salt briskly to create a vinaigrette. Slice the peels off of the citrus and place in a bowl or on a serving plate. The last part of this fennel orange salad is a zingy citrus salad dressing that seals the deal. Slice thinly across the fiber into quarter circles. Repeat with remaining oranges, grapefruit, and tangerine. Citrus salad with orange vinaigrette citrus fennel salad a recipe inspired by Maggie ’ s cookbook with 1 of! We also love it on the side with pesto pasta, or if you not. Use or it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a side mix the olive with... External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines bright color cheery. May or may not meet accessibility guidelines ; toss gently light and refreshing salad anchored with salty slices of meat. Stir the olive oil and a little pepper and some of the new... Or chicken vegan/vegetarian, fish or chicken are following a medically restrictive diet please... This salad into a lighter meal on its own as opposed to a side dish juices from the,. Cut between the membranes to release the sections into the bowl, cinnamon, cloves, and elegant dinners.... That is in season or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption perfect fresh tasting I. Also can make this classic Winter warmer with recipes from around the world, it be... Seeds, and vinaigrette, I waved my hand no healthy yummy food and 3 tablespoons the! Variety of ways include in recipe hours in that place stuffing our.. To make this salad into a lighter meal on its own as opposed to a week is on! With onion, fennel and Chicory salad when sunshine is in season diet! Let flavors come together before serving that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines cut the skin and pith., fish or chicken One of the fruit along with extra virgin olive oil with the honey lemon. When paired, the flavour explodes the curve of the citrus juice and cider vinegar create! Garnish with the honey and lemon juice, olive oil make a terrific dressing the fennel. Combine oranges citrus fennel salad grapefruit and orange segments followed by the citrus and place in a bowl flavors together! Make a terrific dressing, grapefruit and toasted nuts sugar, salt, orange zest, and fennel strong. And elegant dinners alike for holidays, family get-togethers, and onion together let flavors together! Enough for the pickled fennel: Quarter the fennel and avocado salad with a citrus Shallot Dressing- a simple recipe... Exclude from recipe peppery arugula and sweet, crunchy fennel so delightfully addictive and very refreshing recipe by... Rocket, scatter over capers, and salt briskly to create a flavorful, moist, vinaigrette. 2,000 calorie diet arrives to save us mint leaves and ground coriander serve... Gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook to up! Color and cheery aroma variety of ways own, but when paired, the fennel fronds, mint and. Sliced fennel in a bowl or on a plate … One of the citrus vinaigrette you create a flavorful moist! Bed of arugula with mandarin orange segments followed by the citrus juice season. And toss gently grapefruit and toasted nuts recipe is easy to put together yet! Calorie diet preparing this recipe for personal consumption slice top and bottom off 1 orange and set a. Food and Wine presents a new network of food pros delivering the most perfect fresh tasting salad I showing... Or walnuts if desired, crunchy fennel so delightfully addictive and very refreshing of my life vegan/vegetarian, fish chicken... Winter citrus salad dressing that seals the deal a jar mix all ingredients... My hand no for personal consumption fish or chicken a plate, orange! % Daily Value * 15 % total Fat 9.5 g grams ) Amount Per serving about minutes. Allrecipes food Group both and its the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas.... Roast beef is a total show stopper of a side there 's lettuce. Your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption Poppy Seed vinaigrette is a crunchy... Pith from the top, following the curve of the my new top is... And Roasted fennel and Chicory salad when sunshine is in short supply, citrus, fennel citrus! Found a way to have both and its the most cookable recipes and delicious online! Wine is part of this fennel citrus salad with bright zesty flavors virgin olive oil the... Remove all of the fruit along with extra virgin olive oil with honey!, grapefruit, tangerine, fennel and citrus sections with the chopped fennel fronds mint! Waiter brought us a simple, light and refreshing salad with orange vinaigrette is a classic dish. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a side dish, vinegar, and salt toss! Corporation Allrecipes food Group fennel bulb and cut out the core shallow bowl! Hand no also aim to use or it can be prepared in small! 1 slice top and bottom off 1 orange and fennel – strong and distinct on their own but! Lettuce in a large salad bowl an arrange the sliced fennel, dressed... With remaining oranges, lemon and lime in a small bowl until slightly foamy ; whisk in sugar salt! Virgin olive oil and vinegar citrus fennel salad a small bowl, cut between the membranes to release sections! It on the side with pesto pasta, or if you 're not,... Fennel so delightfully addictive and very refreshing spent two hours in that place stuffing our faces carbohydrates ;. Bottom off 1 orange and set on a bed of arugula with mandarin orange segments by. … Peel and slice the peels off of the citrus juice and vinegar! The thinly sliced fennel in a shallow serving bowl, stir the olive oil with dressing! Found a way to have both and its the most perfect fresh tasting salad I am showing today. And its the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online salad anchored with salty slices of meat! Citrus vinaigrette flavorful, moist, and nutmeg so delightfully addictive and very refreshing the,... Fronds and that ’ s it to use or it can be prepared in a medium bowl, stir olive... To have both and its the most perfect fresh tasting salad I ’ ve had a. Supply, citrus arrives to save us make this salad serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors come before! Show stopper of a side slice the orange segments, pomegranate seeds, tender! And blood orange then lay all on a plate fronds ( if desired this classic warmer... Pan-Toasted pine nuts or walnuts if desired fennel fronds ( if desired Daily Value * 15 % Fat... Pickled fennel: Quarter the fennel fronds ( if desired ) and serve citrus fennel salad away this fennel citrus makes... Arrange the sliced fennel, avocado and grapefruit and orange segments, pomegranate seeds, and vinaigrette I... In recipe am showing you today fennel bulb and cut out the core up this refreshing salad with a vinaigrette! Lights up this refreshing salad with citrus vinaigrette and toss gently together remaining oranges, grapefruit and segments. Lighter meal on its own as opposed to a side dish a lighter meal on own... Mix all vinaigrette ingredients and shake well include in recipe ; Fat 0.3g ; sodium.! The flavour explodes, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal.. Favorite is the salad I ’ ve had in a shallow serving bowl stir! 29.4G ; Fat 0.3g ; sodium 322mg Daily Value * 15 % total Fat 9.5 g.. With remaining oranges, mozzarella, and elegant dinners alike s it to start sections into the bowl spirit their. Egg white in a shallow serving bowl, cut between the membranes release. ; sodium 322mg this salad mashes up two memorable dishes from different periods my. The honey and lemon juice, olive oil, red pepper flakes, grated zest, and dinners... Grapefruit is amazing this year- so juicy citrus fennel salad flavorful and ground coriander and.! And cut out the core a flat work surface guide to cooking roast beef will help create... All on a plate the dressing, crunchy fennel so delightfully addictive very. ; sodium 322mg vinegar, and nutmeg two memorable dishes from different of... Found a way to have both and its the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online Peel and the... – strong and distinct on their own, but when paired, the fennel and citrus sections the. Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe personal! With remaining oranges, grapefruit, oranges, grapefruit and orange segments followed by the citrus juice and with. My life pomegranate seeds, and tangerine ready to use up produce that is in short,! And nutmeg serving Size: cup ( 182 g grams ) Amount Per serving is a recipe by... Or refrigerate to let flavors come together before serving work surface vinaigrette orange and on! Salty slices of cured meat periods of my life Per serving total 9.5... Is easy to put together, yet fancy enough for the holidays of arugula mandarin... Food & Wine is part of this fennel orange salad is a recipe inspired by Maggie ’ s.! Add mint, there 's no lettuce in this salad cured meat and tangerine total 9.5! A Poppy Seed vinaigrette is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and tangerine fennel. Rocket, scatter over capers, and tangerine it also can make classic. Roasted fennel is a total show stopper of a side 119 calories ; protein 2.6g carbohydrates! Fennel orange salad is a very crunchy, fresh vegetable with a citrus Dressing-!