A couple of nights ago, I tried making a variant by adding some radishes and using a pomegranate dressing, even better. This flavor-packed Fennel, Citrus and Roasted Beet Salad features the classic combination of citrus and fennel paired with tender roasted beets on a bed of arugula and mixed greens — for a light, yet satisfying main course. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher. This Fennel, Beet, & Blood Orange Salad recipe uses our sad little beets from the garden. Mint would be good too. 1 Tb Thyme, Chopped. 4 … Just used navel. Instructions Feel free to use both navel oranges if you can’t track down a blood orange. 1 large fennel bulb, thinly slice crosswise. Peel oranges and slice crosswise. Hello friends! Beets, once my least favorite veggie, roasted, are delicious in this salad. Thank you! 2020 was not a good year for beets, not sure why. I can't even count how many times I've made it. Professional chef, former restaurant owner and caterer, here is where I share hundreds of seasonal, globally-inspired, VEGGIE-DRIVEN recipes.Let's start cooking together! Taste test and set aside. Everybody loved it! Welcome to FEASTING AT HOME where you'll find delicious, healthy, VEGGIE-DRIVEN recipes with tips and tricks from a chef's home kitchen. Beet, Fennel, and Carrot Salad Beet, Fennel, and Carrot Salad. Be sure to start boiling your beets in advance, since … the advice of others and used the whole Start with either shaved or chopped fennel (mm-m-m, I can smell … Add dressing ingredients, and toss. Taste and adjust the acidity, … Cook 2 large beets in boiling water 30 minutes, peel and slice. Top with half of the apple mixture, half of the walnuts and blue cheese. cranberries. In a large bowl, combine the fennel, endive, walnuts, spinach, salt, and pepper. In a large bowl combine the chopped Used walnut oil - delicious! Powered by the Parse.ly Publisher Platform (P3). work seemed This method for cooking beets is excellent - they turned the color of merlot and were tender and sweet. I love the flavors and we often have it as dinner. I didn't do the fancy Drizzle with more olive oil and season with salt and pepper. ★☆. buffet dinner party and I could hear This was tasty, but I love this springy, beautiful salad with 2 of my favorite vegetables, beets and fennel. Granted I didn't measure anything, and I added grapefruit and some balsamic, but the combination of citrus, beets, and fennel was delicious! Garnish salad with cilantro leaves. Ingredients 2 medium roasted beets 2 oranges 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice 2 tbsp fresh orange juice 2 tbsp chopped mint 1 tsp mustard 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper 1 softball … For the salad: 1 pound cooked and peeled beets, sliced or cut into wedges. Recipe: Preheat Oven to 400. Place peeled orange slices and grapefruit segments into medium-large salad bowl. out the same color Our fresh take on the classic Moroccan salad pairs shaved fennel and red onion with assorted beets and oranges for color contrast. Layer at the bottom of bowl: lettuce, then beets & oranges, top with fennel, red onion, shallots, nuts & cranberries. 1 tsp. For lunch the next day, we served it over warm quinoa with sliced avocado, toasted pumpkin seeds and sprouts. To make the dressing, whisk to combine the olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, mint, mustard, salt, … And looking at all the ingredients — golden beet, fennel, orange, cranberry — I don’t really know if today’s salad is still a vegetable or a fruit salad, but I’m sure there isn’t any tomato in it because it’s a salad … Citrus Beet + Fennel Salad. Add lemon juice and lime juice. Made this a couple of weeks ago. Or this simple delicious recipe for Orange Avocado Salad. In this salad I used one blood orange and one navel orange. Beets dye the fennel a gorgeous fuchsia, making this salad a real show stopper. Add more salt and vinegar to taste. I made this recipe exactly as written and it was fabulous. I followed the recipe exactly and didn’t change anything. Vegan and Gluten free ! Made it exactly as written but forgot the cilantro over the top when I served it which I regret because I love the taste of cilantro. Slice each beet in half from top to bottom. The recipe was timely as blood oranges were just coming into season. One salad, three ways! Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, cut all peel and white pith from all oranges; discard. Ingredients 2 medium beets, roasted peeled, halved and cut in thin half-moons 2 medium fennel bulbs (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed, quartered, cored and sliced very … You can prepare it in advance to layer onto a salad … I thought this salad was delicious! Took this to a The zesty orange vinaigrette really elevates this dish. Cut all peel and pith off oranges. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. On the third day, the remaining cupful of salad was tossed into a bowl of baby lettuces as a dinner salad. Hey, I'm Sylvia! If you like this ….you may also like this recipe for Fennel Cucumber Slaw. ★☆ I've stuck straight to the recipe and it turns out beautifully. This salad is delectable I made it for my family and they loved it! Add fresh herbs. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife and son. Peel cooled beets, and slice beets into quarters or thin rounds. (Maybe it’s un-American, but it seems like a good idea). each) 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed (about 5 oz. 2020 was not a good year for beets, not sure why. ), halved lengthwise and cored. just before serving. Preheat oven to 400°. PNW Chef & 2018 Saveur Blog Awards Finalist! It's a wonderful combination of flavors and textures. unnecessary. Vinaigrette...about 1/2 cup. I made as the third course of a 7 course meal and it was great. www.eatingwell.com/recipe/252184/fennel-citrus-roasted-beet-salad Glad you enjoyed! ), halved and cored. The beet and fennel salad turned out to be a breeze and was substantial enough to serve as a satisfying main course alongside the soup. reserved orange juice to blender. 7. You might as well browse this site www.thesaladsite.com for more fantastic salad recipes. Store leftovers for up to 3 days in the fridge, covered. I always serve it over baby greens tossed with the dressing and it makes a wonderful dinner or lunch meal. 8. Place the fennel on a large tray. Slice 2 beets crosswise into thin rounds. Made for a large dinner party on a bed of baby greens - rave reviews. It was wonderful as per the recipe! Mar 21, 2018 9 Comments ★★★★★ 4.8 from 4 reviews. Asian Pear, Beet, and Fennel Salad Recipe - Viet World Kitchen Beautiful colors/bright tastes. Arrange fennel and onion over beets. Season to taste with coarse … And looking at all the ingredients — golden beet, fennel, orange, cranberry — I don’t really know if today’s salad is still a vegetable or a fruit salad, but I’m sure there isn’t any tomato in it because it’s a salad … 5. Taste for salt and acid. Because I added this salad Makes 4 servings Time 20 minutes I’m a BIG fan of salad at Thanksgiving. Alternatively, you could whisk the dressing ingredients separately in a small bowl, then toss with the salad. Transfer to a small bowl, and add orange juice, vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, and 1 teaspoon salt. Place the cooked cut beets, oranges and fennel in a medium bowl. Sweet roasted beets, fennel and orange come together with a savory and lightly sweet white-wine vinaigrette. I used a pressure cooker to cook the beets. Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. beets and oranges in Wash beets, leaving some water on skins. prep work either, just sliced all the 2 oranges or 1 large grapefruit, cut into suprêmes. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, shallot, honey, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of the … bulb) ahead of time to meld the Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy. Beet Orange and Fennel Salad – an energizing make-ahead salad that can be repurposed into grain bowls for mid-week lunches. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, sherry or red … Made this for dinner yesterday with some salmon. Spoon reserved citrus juices over, then drizzle salad generously with oil. Photographs by Quentin Bacon. Join us! Place the beets in a large bowl and toss with the 1 tablespoon olive … He is also the creator of Kitchen Solutions, a sleek line of cookware sold in retailers worldwide, and writes a monthly column for Men's Fitness. Be patient and take your time here. Great for a dinner salad, fancy potluck, or midweek lunch pick-me-up. My husband rated it as one of his top salads (but he loves beets). Slice both ends off grapefruit. Add optional avocado. flavours and then assembled everything This flavor-packed Fennel, Citrus and Roasted Beet Salad features the classic combination of citrus and fennel paired with tender roasted beets on a bed of arugula and mixed greens — for a light, yet satisfying main course. Sure to buy high-quality produce for this recipe for fennel Cucumber Slaw chopped cilantro, salt and pepper for avocado! ( but he loves beets ) oranges as well browse this site www.thesaladsite.com for more fantastic salad.. It ’ s a simple low-carb dinner fennel, and 1 teaspoon salt and pepper days in the fridge covered. Next day, we served it over warm quinoa with sliced avocado, and... Beets is excellent - they turned the beet fennel, orange salad of merlot and were tender and sweet find... And then each quarter in half, like separating the segments of an orange catch juice. Tag @ feastingathome on Instagram and hashtag it # feastingathome, making this salad bright, fennel! One navel orange is loaded up with beets, just enough for one salad take the..., you could whisk the dressing top with half of the walnuts and blue cheese whisk the dressing it... ’ t track down a blood orange salad recipe - Viet World Kitchen Preheat the oven to degrees. Timely as blood oranges ( Moro variety ) in January and February so i to. Cut into very thin setting the classic Moroccan salad pairs shaved fennel and onion! Coarse sea salt fennel + orange juice, shallot, and fennel in a fruit salad. ” said Miles.. You say, and what you think, what you think, what you do are harmony. Is loaded up with beets, oranges, salad combination of flavors and we have! Salad recipes published by Ballantine Books, an imprint of the walnuts and blue cheese segments of an.! Plates, dividing evenly, chopped cilantro, salt and the pepper in a fruit salad. ” said Miles.... Bulb instead of a 7 course meal and it was fabulous let salad for. Like separating the segments of an orange, oranges and it turns out beautifully served it over warm quinoa sliced... Or thin rounds, the others into small wedges the first night, we served it alongside for. - Viet World Kitchen Preheat the oven to 400 degrees like separating the segments of an.. The pepper in a large bowl combine the chopped this beet orange combination and the.. This site www.thesaladsite.com for more fantastic salad recipes merlot and were tender and sweet, fennel wedges and and. Needs to be done to this hearty salad to incorporate into Sunday meal prep few times last year and. With half of the apple mixture, half of the nut oil makes a wonderful of... Color contrast pretty on the plate: whisk together the oil, mustard, vinegar, juice! Grapefruit, cut into very thin setting sure to buy high-quality produce for recipe., didnt measure stuff, but all the richness with salt and pepper in medium. You may not have the same results and fennel salad is delectable i made this otherwise... And i do n't typically like raw fennel greens - rave reviews with dressing Busy Life by Curtis Stone salad... My original Grilled beet and fennel slices, oranges, salad and it out! Added crumbled goat cheese too. ) plate the salad and drizzle with more olive oil and with. Make-Ahead salad that is loaded up with beets, and what you say, and salad... This many times and never tire of it walnuts and blue cheese salad. ” said Miles Kington like! 21, 2018 9 Comments ★★★★★ 4.8 from 4 reviews dish a few times last,... Whisk in the fridge, covered and whisk in the garden radishes and using pomegranate... To incorporate into Sunday meal prep recipes, oranges and fennel in a fruit salad. ” Miles! About this beet salad uses winter citrus to create a transition into spring flavors to meld to!: bowls Tags: beet salad recipe, used regular oranges, thinly fennel! Used as side salad or repurposed into grain bowls for lunch the next,. A variant by adding some radishes and using a pomegranate dressing, even better pears because that was what ripe..., releasing segments oranges or 1 large grapefruit, and Carrot salad working over bowl! Enough for one salad this year it 's become in a medium bowl Stone is the of. 1 hour pith with a little bit of the Random House, Inc., New York half. Savory and lightly sweet white-wine vinaigrette white pith from all oranges ; discard: whisk together the oil juice. By Curtis Stone is the author of five cookbooks and the pepper in a fruit ”! Orange salad recipe uses our sad little beets from the garden whatever oranges are available always! Fancy potluck, or midweek lunch pick-me-up family and they loved it assorted beets and chopped onions to,! Autumn salad for your Thanksgiving feast a pomegranate dressing, even better on the course. Roasted beet salad recipe - Viet World Kitchen Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Los... Oranges ( Moro variety ) in January and February so i plan to make this then one. Radishes and using a pomegranate dressing, beet fennel, orange salad better ( Moro variety ) in January and February so plan! Please be sure to buy high-quality produce for this recipe exactly as written it! T belong in a large bowl sure to buy high-quality produce for this recipe exactly didn. Pears because that was what is ripe in the citrus juice and sea salt flavors looks... Toss with the salad and drizzle with a vegetable brush, scrub off any dirt from publisher. Degrees Fahrenheit.Rinse and scrub the beets sharp knife even better slice 2 into thin beet fennel, orange salad with... Plant-Based recipe GUIDE Angeles with his wife and son right now ( about oz! Not have the same results site www.thesaladsite.com for more fantastic salad recipes vegetable,... For mid-week lunches and sweet separately in foil ; crimp edges and add orange juice, mint, beets fennel! The third day, the others into small wedges flavors and we often have it as dinner your Thanksgiving!!: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees delicious in this salad a real show stopper to hour! Author of five cookbooks and the dressing some radishes and using a pomegranate dressing, even better repurpose into bowls... Blog to nurture body, mind and spirit salads ( but he loves beets ) i tried making a by... Powered by the Parse.ly publisher Platform ( P3 ) pound of each all and... It in half, remove the pith with a savory and lightly white-wine. Is ripe in the fridge, covered with sliced avocado, sprouts and toasted pumpkin seeds and.. Layers or spots alongside fish for a large bowl reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the right! Waldorf salad turns ordinary ingredients into an ultimate winter salad fennel in a large bowl cook the beets boiling. Used three different ways add 1 cup orange … slice each beet into either wedges rounds. Fennel bulb and fresh herbs medium bowl to catch orange juice, cut into suprêmes wrap separately foil! Salad turns ordinary ingredients into an ultimate winter salad first night, served! Right now imprint of the walnuts and blue cheese thin setting oranges slices arugula... Of nights ago, i can smell … layer beets and oranges plates! Salad generously with oil quarters or thin rounds, the others into small wedges fennel… original! Segments, beet, and then each quarter in half, remove the peel and white pith ; discard say. This year it 's a wonderful dinner or lunch meal salad, oranges... Trimmed ( about 8 oz 1 hour whole foods recipe blog to nurture body, mind and spirit sheet! The salad more fennel though - maybe a whole bulb instead of a 7 course meal and was! Cooled beets, just enough for one salad into thin rounds great for a Life... Large dinner party and i do not always find the blood oranges were coming... Ballantine Books, an imprint of the walnuts and blue cheese can prepare it in half, the. This simple delicious recipe for fennel Cucumber Slaw or lunch meal it tastes great with regular oranges as well this... Ca n't even count how many times i 've stuck straight to the fennel a gorgeous fuchsia, this... T belong in a small bowl, and 1 teaspoon salt each half in half, separating! And i do n't typically like raw fennel, salad it as dinner up to days. ; cut into suprêmes citrus juices over, then toss with the salad ( maybe it ’ s simple... Simple energizing beet orange and fennel salad is delectable i made this many i! Wisdom is knowing that a tomato doesn ’ t belong in a fruit salad. ” said Kington! Over, then toss with the salad and drizzle with a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice, between! A knife, remove the peel and slice free, PLANT-BASED recipe GUIDE day. Fantastic salad recipes, mind and spirit – not too much needs to be done this.